Otter Creek You would have to be half mad to dream me up
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
Aves dared her to tell him her deepest, darkest fear. It had not been the kind of dare she was expecting, nor was she very eager to turn the moment to something so dark. Being vulnerable around the bear prince wasn't difficult for her; she trusted him more than anyone, and she knew he wouldn't tell anyone else or make her feel stupid for admitting what she was afraid of. 

She looked away and her face fell a little. My deepest fear, she repeated. She paused as she tried to put her thoughts into words. What I'm most afraid of is being alone again, she finally got out. I got lost from my family when I was young, and I spent a long time on my own. Her only focus then had been surviving. But now, she had many other things to fill her days. She had Merrick and Ursus. She had Aves—a hard swallow moved down her throat. She didn't like thinking about what it would be like if he was gone. Now that I have you— Arielle looked up from the ground. You and Ursus... Mostly him. My greatest fear is that I'll lose you in some way and be alone again. What would she even do without them to care for? Without Ursus? Her life was so full now, and she had the bear to help guide her; she would be lost without all of that. 

She was so preoccupied with what all she had shared that she forgot to ask him truth or dare in return. Her heart raced in her chest. The healer didn't know what he would think of her fears. She had always tried to be strong, but this proved she was not always so secure; she had doubts too.
Messages In This Thread
You would have to be half mad to dream me up - by Arielle - October 16, 2021, 07:10 PM
RE: You would have to be half mad to dream me up - by Arielle - December 06, 2021, 07:14 PM