Lion Head Mesa [ap] I'd rather have the right man, than the right wedding.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Ah. So Crowfeather had made his heart known, and Germanicus had responded (appropriately, Ruenna thought) by drawing a boundary. Similar to Germanicus, Ruenna thought it likely that Crowfeather was merely confused by the depth of feeling he had for the mentor to whom he owed so much. 

After a long pause, it was Germanicus's turn to surprise Ruenna. He came across as a man who knew his own mind, and so Rue did not expect him to equivocate on the matter of Crowfeather when he next spoke. Although Germanicus was no longer certain of his own heart, he still seemed to believe his previous decision was the correct one. 

"I have been in Crowfeather's place, more or less," Ruenna responded finally. "For many years I followed one leader or the other, with only eyes for them and the pack I served. My heart could not be turned from my duty." She sounded regretful as she spoke. "It's only with age that I've realized my truest desire is retreating more and more out of reach." She swallowed. "I care deeply for the Redhawks. But I think I would give them up if I had to-- if it meant I'd have the opportunity to build a family of my own." 

Ruenna cut her gaze to Germanicus's features, wondering if she had struck her desired balance between significance and subtlety. She did not wish to come across as yet another person who wanted something from Germanicus. But if what she wanted was something he wanted too, well...

The fellahin chose that moment to interrupt with the berries, and Ruenna and Germanicus both seemed relieved. Rue followed Germanicus's lead and declined the berries, feeling certain that he knew the safest course of action in this bizarre situation. 

"I would enjoy that too," Ruenna responded, jumping readily at the suggestion they go see Crowfeather. She returned Germanicus's smile in camaraderie, feeling his description of the palace as daunting was entirely accurate.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Messages In This Thread
RE: [ap] I'd rather have the right man, than the right wedding. - by Ruenna - November 14, 2021, 05:31 PM