Ouroboros Spine lviii. only your ghost surrounds me
"Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats."
449 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

The cloudberry woman was not entirely sure that her assumptions were correct. She was no midwife, trained in the womanly arts of these things. Yet, she was almost certain that she had smelt Shikoba's scent intermingled with the odor of womens' fever that laced the territory. Not to mention that they had spoken before of the possibility that the first hunter might become Anaa with the whelping season. 

It was but a hunch, but one the herbalist thought well founded. Thus, it was with a warm shawl of badger wrapped about her thin frame and a cheerful bounce in her step that Aiwë went in search of the guardian, hoping it would not be overstepping to impart a celebratory gift upon her village sister. 

As she flitted through the ulax in search of the native she-wolf, however, it was Inutsuk whose path she found herself crossing instead. She'd not had much chance to acquaint herself with the hunter, given her responsibilities as second wife and mother -- not to mention she had been laid up healing for some time now. 

With a steadying breath, she approached the he-wolf with hope that she would not seem ungainly in her awkwardness around men -- as was usually the case. A smile appeared around the bundle she carried, the herbs within wrapped in a soft hide of rabbit pelt. The two-year wuffed demurely in greeting as she approached her village brother, tail swaying in a gentle pendulum at her hocks. 

"I greet you, Inutsuk," the dove lilted after setting aside the gift she had brought, smiling warmly (albeit shyly) as she straightened to meet the man's blue hazel gaze. An interesting, ambiguous shade, she decided. His eyes could not seem to determine whether they wished to appear blue or green in truth. 
[Image: tumblr_inline_p7g2ubEPPb1ufb8ej_400.gifv]
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

An untimely chance to have been found. A disaster, was his appearance; from a nap he'd just woken.

Lótë. The man greeted her of a kindly tune, lifting from where he'd been lain over his abdomen. 

To see the pale woman was somewhat of a shock, despite the calm expression he exhibited. It had been some time since he had last set eyes upon her.

Please, sit The invitation was nearly butchered in its haste; Inutsuk's mind had been faint in recalling the proper mannerism in the presence of company — in specific, a woman's company.

I take it you've come seeking Shikoba? An abrupt assumption, but one he figured justifiable. The two had been rather close, as he last recalled.
449 Posts
Ooc —
"That I did," Lótë admitted as she settled upon her haunches as Inutsuk indicated, fawn tail curling primly around her scarred flank. "But I do understand that the responsibilities of Sivullik are great and many." In spite of herself, her pallid emeralds dipped earthward to think of the spirit-bear whom had once claimed such a title -- and her heart. 

"Your company would be just as agreeable, I'm sure," a wry grin accompanied the words. It was true that she'd not had much chance to acquaint herself with Shikoba's mate. Now, she could remedy that. 

"I had brought something for her but I..ah, I hope it would not be presumptuous," warmth flooded her cheeks as she pulled the bundle of herbs closer with a forepaw. 

"Mother's herbs," she explained as she pawed the pelt open to reveal the dried raspberry and borage leaves within. "It was a customary gift in my homeland when a couple was expecting." 
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Indeed they are, He spoke, bobbing his dome in agreement. 

There are times I worry for her. Always on her feet with little time for spare activities. Inutsuk gave into a small sigh, eyes inclining to meet the ground. Though, we cannot speak against the way of the Sivilluk. The responsibilities must fall in the care of someone; who better than she?

As a small gaze searched the earth, the tawny man noticed the bundle — more in depth so as it unraveled. 

The pale woman was quick to explain the contents and this soon brought a flustered gaze. 

So the activities of the newly couple had been guessed. 

Ahem... A hoarse sound came from his throat as he cleared his throat, trying his best to excuse the embarrassed expression upon his face. What was there even to be embarrassed for? They were mates, after all.

A very thoughtful gesture, Lótë. Shikoba will be very grateful, as am I.. truly. It keeps me at ease to know that she has close friends to help care for her when the time nears for such events.
449 Posts
Ooc —
Lótë's head dipped in empathy, ears splaying to her skull with familiar guilt. Determining something in that very moment, the dove realized she had a possible solution and a way to repay those who had helped her in times past. "It is good Shikoba has you to look after her; she spends a great deal of time looking after the pack."

"Now that my leg has healed and my children grow older, it is time I helped provide for this season's mothers," Lótë murmured, nodding matter-of-factly. More than a need to repay debts, it was her duty to help out at this time. 

"I imagine much will fall to you in Shikoba's place as her pregnancy progresses." She imagined that the woman would keep with her everyday routine until she was unable to hunt. "I'm going to take up hunting again and teaching the children. If you would ever like to hunt together, you would be welcome to come and teach with me." 

"It's no problem at all," the Nuiruk reassured, realizing she'd embarrassed Inutsuk. It was too far gone to go back now. Might as well be honest with the man and hope he wasn't too abashed. "Shikoba was there for me when I became a mother," the cloudberry admitted in a wisp of a lilt. "My children call her 'Anaa 'oba' from Kukutux's tongue. 'Amil 'oba' in my own language. It means Mother Shikoba." 

"She means a great deal to my family." Lótë glanced back to Inutsuk with a small smile. "If I can help in anyway at all, I will. I owe Shikoba that much."