Redsand Canyon then I heard your heart beating
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
He had not been able to sleep that night, nor had he been able to focus the previous day; Aquene had told him when the first signs of her impending labor had started, and he had not been able to think of anything else. He had stayed close to the den since he had returned, cutting his patrols and training back by more than half; he didn't want to be away if she needed him. 

So when the labor started and she sent him to find Qiao, he wasted no time in tracking the healer down and bringing her to their den. His whole body was tense with anxiety as they made their way back. He would answer questions about Aquene but wouldn't say much else. 

Once they returned, he let the healer go in first. He didn't hear anything inside the den other than his wife, and when he looked inside, he could tell she was deep in her focus. He felt awful for the amount of pain she was probably in, but he knew there was nothing he could do about it. 

The soldier would plant himself in the opening of their den until he was needed, keeping anyone else out while his mate was so vulnerable.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
then I heard your heart beating - by Aquene - May 10, 2022, 11:01 PM
RE: then I heard your heart beating - by Kallik - May 10, 2022, 11:29 PM
RE: then I heard your heart beating - by Qiao - May 11, 2022, 08:47 AM
RE: then I heard your heart beating - by Aquene - May 11, 2022, 01:21 PM
RE: then I heard your heart beating - by Kallik - May 11, 2022, 02:36 PM
RE: then I heard your heart beating - by Siku - May 11, 2022, 05:03 PM
RE: then I heard your heart beating - by Qiao - May 19, 2022, 06:07 PM
RE: then I heard your heart beating - by Aquene - May 20, 2022, 08:43 PM
RE: then I heard your heart beating - by Nanuq - May 25, 2022, 12:31 PM