Redsand Canyon that took my breath away
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
The twins were getting old enough to be curious; he knew his time left keeping them hidden away in the den was quickly dissipating. As eager as he was to get them to the valley and to start teaching them how to be soldiers, he was just as afraid that something bad would happen to them. He knew that his job keeping them safe was about to get much more difficult. It didn't help that Aquene was taking in injured loners they knew nothing about. She probably thought he was just being overprotective, and maybe he was; it didn't mean he wasn't right about the danger associated with having a stranger staying in the tablinum. 

He rarely returned home at this time of the day, but his patrol brought him close to the married dens, and he couldn't resist dropping in to check on everyone. 

When he arrived, he was shocked to see Nanuq out and about in the middle of the day. Kallik also didn't like his son being outside without his or Aquene's supervision. It left him open for situations like these, where he was alone with a wolf Kallik had not met yet. He knew of her, that she was a new plebian, but he had yet to speak to her. 

He walked up to join them, looking over his son as he stared at a dragonfly. He accidentally startled the insect when he approached, causing it to lift up from the leaf and buzz away. Kallik nosed over Nanuq to check him, like he often did, and then sat so that he could get between the woman and his son if something were to happen. 

He greeted the woman with a dip of his head. Are you here to see Aquene? He asked her. He assumed that was why she was so close to their den. Another thing he was learning to accept was the fact that his wife was so accessible to anyone in the pack; she was the healer, and that was just how it was.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
that took my breath away - by Nanuq - June 14, 2022, 09:15 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Katniss - June 19, 2022, 06:09 AM
RE: that took my breath away - by Kallik - June 19, 2022, 02:44 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Nanuq - June 21, 2022, 11:02 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Katniss - June 22, 2022, 06:14 AM
RE: that took my breath away - by Kallik - June 22, 2022, 12:08 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Nanuq - June 24, 2022, 12:34 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Katniss - June 24, 2022, 05:28 PM
RE: that took my breath away - by Aquene - June 30, 2022, 05:37 PM