Stone Circle lessons learned
199 Posts
Ooc —
Limit Two 
Tags for reference, or if the kids wanna join they can! Kinda winging it.

For two months she had kept herself hidden with her children.

@Dagur grew the fastest, perhaps because he was the most abrasive to his siblings. @Skáld often warred with the other two for the same thing: food, or her attention. Lately he'd been more involved with his brother. The girl, @Yrsa, had at first contended with them but lately had become lethargic.

Sanja emerged now with her daughter held carefully by the scruff. The boys were left in the den, for now, although she would not be able to stop them if they ventured out after her.

As she followed the grooves in the forest floor (from rainwater, and her own path, and the curves of roots, among other things) Sanja made sure to keep away from the scents of Gunnar, of Taktuq, of anyone that might come to call upon her, or find her with the girl.

One must wonder what the sleep-deprived mother was thinking.
22 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Mya hadn’t been with the pack for very long, and she was still getting over a sudden fit of shyness that was not at all characteristic of her. It was just that she’d never been around such a large group before!

Of course, she hadn’t even tried to go and see the puppies, even though she was deeply curious about them, and about the whole process of bringing new life into the world. It was hard to imagine that something as large as her could grow up out of something so small! But her social education, though lacking in some areas, had covered that kind of etiquette in spades. It was the parents, and only the parents, that decided who would see them and when.

So it was that, when she came loping in from the meadow and suddenly found herself almost face-to-face with Sanja and a tiny, fuzzy thing, she was immediately contrite and embarrassed.

“I’m so sorry,” she said, her voice cracking as she scurried back a few steps. She tried to make herself look away, but her eyes were glued — wide with wonder! — to the tiny creature hanging from its mother’s jaws.

wasn't sure if this was all welcome or not so let me know if I should delete!
199 Posts
Ooc —
It is! :> I'm not sure if Yrsa's player is going to reply or not, which is why I took so long to reply myself.

The little girl was not so little, now. She had heft to her. Sanja felt the weight of her own decision in the strain of her neck as she carried Yrsa, who at two months of age was nearly ten pounds already. Like carrying a fat hare, she had thought when she'd departed.

All at once, she was not alone. It was not the girl's brothers that followed, nor Sanja's own friends, but someone she had not met -- no, she had met; she had forgotten, that was all. She she-wolf looked upon Sanja now with her child and her eyes were wide.

Sanja could not help the grimace of her teeth around the babe. At once she wanted to keep this girl back, but to flash her teeth now only caused a pinch to Yrsa. The child barely cried out to the feeling of it. Sanja moved to place the girl down between her own feet, as a hunter might for their catch.

The furs along her nape bristled.