Sunspire Mountains praying like a fool who just shot a gun
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
For a few moments, Kallik allowed himself to get lost in the feeling of her embrace. He drew in her scent with every breath until the ache in his heart was a little more bearable. he had missed her so much. The scent of warm tears filled his nose as Aquene softly sobbed against him. He knew it was in relief, but it hurt him all the same to know he had brought tears to her eyes like this. I am here, he murmured softly, and the tenderness in his voice was something he hadn't heard from himself in so long. No one could weaken his walls like she could. 

She was way too forgiving. The guilt he felt over leaving would never let him off the hook as easily as his wife did. I should not have left at all, he told her, his voice rough with emotion. It was not fair to you or the boys. If he had told the imperator that he didn't want to go and to pick someone else, he would have listened. But Kallik had just accepted the mission like a good soldier, forgetting his duties and responsibilities as a husband and father. But never again. He was still a soldier, but now his family was his number one concern. When she asked what happened, Kallik visibly tensed, unable to hide his pain from her. I cannot talk about it right now, he told her softly. Soon, I will tell you everything, my love. Just know that it was not my decision to stay away this long. He brushed his nose along her cheek; it was something he thought a lot about doing while he was trapped and desperate for something to hold on to, something to give him the strength to keep going despite the horrors he had to endure. 

They were distracted by the reunion, but it didn't take Aquene long to notice his poorly healed injuries. These were the fresher ones. A lot of the scars that marred his skin were older and didn't cause him much trouble even though they had healed without any help. He had to stifle the need to release a sick huff of laughter when she asked if he had seen a medicus. He had barely been fed, let alone had anyone to tend his wounds. No, I am fine, he lied. He didn't want her to worry. I think some of these fresher wounds could use your attention, though. No sense in dying from infection over his stupid pride and need to protect Aquene. And you? he asked. His assessing gaze moved over her. Are you okay? Physically, I mean. Because of course she wasn't okay; neither was he. They had been apart for months and their sons had left Mereo to join other packs. She must have felt so alone. She probably feared he was dead. He hated that he had been the source of her struggle. He would never leave her again, not if he could help it.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
praying like a fool who just shot a gun - by Aquene - December 12, 2022, 06:46 PM
RE: praying like a fool who just shot a gun - by Kallik - December 12, 2022, 07:44 PM
RE: praying like a fool who just shot a gun - by Aquene - December 12, 2022, 11:43 PM
RE: praying like a fool who just shot a gun - by Kallik - December 13, 2022, 05:56 PM
RE: praying like a fool who just shot a gun - by Aquene - December 17, 2022, 12:57 PM
RE: praying like a fool who just shot a gun - by Kallik - December 27, 2022, 10:24 PM
RE: praying like a fool who just shot a gun - by Aquene - January 11, 2023, 09:42 PM