godkiller; bleeding golden ichor
737 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Warrior
Seer
Random Event 
ingram is highly contagious!

the cough rattles in his chest.

he tries to suppress it but it worms it's way up his throat, wracking his shoulders as his steps stutter in his patrol.

a low rumble of displeasure wrenches itself from his throat when the first fit is finished, only to stir up a second fit.

shorter this time.

ingram takes a slow breath, filling his lungs with the misty, cold air that hangs heavy over the plateau, trying not to irritate the tickle in his throat, despite that he feels it with every inhale and exhale.

magick, threadbone reading & 'godhood' is to be taken purely with a grain of salt and are written to be creations of ingram's imagination and religious faith.
sold my soul for a cigarette
Riverclan
Dreamleaf
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Ash Paw heard the deep racking cough and it filled her with dread. She sighed and looked around, knowing it was her duty to help where she could, but she was feeling kind of tired and a little nauseous, but she dipped her head forward and moved, gathering things. Chamomile for whomever's chest, Rosemary, Thyme, Ginger of which she took a bite, and peppermint, she had a small wooden log that she had used her claws to ease some of the bark out. In it was Chamomile water.

She followed the sound until she came upon Ingram. Her season was over, the scent still clung to her, but not nearly as terrible. He'd be able stand it. She felt that burn of resentment deep in her stomach at the sight of him. He could have told her no and moved on, but he had been cruel in it. As he laid all the blame at her feet, to save face with his wife. That didn't sit well with Ash.

Blue eyes burned into him, but she didn't move closer, though she chuffed.

I will not move closer to you. I can hear the mucus in your chest. I will not get sick. She lay the items down.
737 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Warrior
Seer
he feels the sting of her gaze before he even turns to face her.

whatever scent of heat still clung, fading to her pelage, was chased away by the scent of males that had, had her.

briefly, there was a clench of something ugly and envious in the dreadfather's stomach. it is quickly chased away by the image of his nightwife in his mind's eye ...and another coughing fit.

none should come around me. he rasps out, before he's taken over by another bought of coughing.

magick, threadbone reading & 'godhood' is to be taken purely with a grain of salt and are written to be creations of ingram's imagination and religious faith.
Riverclan
Dreamleaf
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Whatever Jealousy  he may have had, she was not privy too and frankly put wouldn't have cared. He could have had her if he wanted. ANd she would have asked him for nothing, but that. In her minds eye the children she had, were for Basilica, so they belonged to all. But he had treated her cruelly to keep another happy, when she had asked him for nothing.

Clearly you sound like you are death's door. Listen closely.

SHe pressed her paw to the items. this one is rosemary and this one thyme, either one will help with infection in the chest, take them sparingly.

She pressed the mint closer. This is peppermint and this is ginger, both will help with the mucus in your chest. It will burn, but it will clear it. Just be warned that once you take it, breathe shallowly or it will hurt, it is strong.

Finally, she pressed the bowl forward. This is chamomile water, it will calm your throat and lungs so you don't cough as hard and can get rest. I will put a new bowl outside my den each day for you. Drink plenty of water, get rest if you have furs rest under them. If you feel as if you are feverish send someone to get me, so i can cure it before it gets out o fhand.

Do you understand, Ingram?
737 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Warrior
Seer
dark humor almost brings to his lips words of being at death's door may not be a bad thing. but he is a daedra prince and death of the fleshbody does not mean death in the sense of total annihilation.

the void would simply welcome him once more before it spit him back out.

coughs held in; an attempt to stifle them as she speaks. and speaks.

and speaks.

instructions that go in one feverish ear and back out the other.

a coughing fit that interrupts her despite ingram's attempts to keep it at bay.

no, a cough. i will either survive or this fleshbody will waste. with the upset of his nightwife aimed at him: he couldn't claim to particularly care either way.

Riverclan
Dreamleaf
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
A flash of tiny teeth, but she said nothing at first just stared at him with fathomless blue eyes. Nose wrinkled.

well that's foolish you would leave your nightwife on the mortal coil by herself? That seems  unfair to her and even to you.

She tapped the peppermint and shoved it forward. At least take this one. It will ease your cough. It's bothersome to more than just you. We all can hear it and any sane wolf won't get any sleep with you hacking around like that loud enough to wake the dead.

She lifted her head to study him as she always did with that haughty tilt. But she meant no disrespect. She was simply trying to point out his foolishness and if she could incur his wrath into making him take the medicine. She was okay with this. 

Though briefly the thought of the children she may or may not have, and what would happen if he came after her it flashed by, but she tried to ignore it hope he wouldn't attack. But listen.
737 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Warrior
Seer
while ingram is not trying to act like a petulant child, he can understand where the similarities could be drawn. while he would like to largely place the blame for this at the feet of the illness burning through his body, he knows it stems from something deep within him.

a hard look is given, and unspoken words of perhaps she would prefer that hangs unsaid between them.

ingram coughs again, feeling the tightness in his chest loosen, which though he thinks might be a good thing, causes him to have a second wind of coughing.

a roll of his eyes before they fall upon the plant she taps. fine. move back from it and i will take it to where i've sequestered myself.

Riverclan
Dreamleaf
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Ash Paw internally wanted to scream. He was being foolish and childish. But that was his prerogative. Ash Paw had made a conscious choice to heal, but she would not force it upon anyone. If they refused treatment it was not her job to make them take it, unless without it they may die. As long as Ingram rested and kept his strength up. He should work though this she hoped.

She returned the hard look, her own a bit blazing. It wasn't her fault his nightwife didn't trust him, and had esteem issues. If she got angry over something that didn't happen, that wasn't her fault. She couldn't stop her heat cycle this year, even if she had wanted too, she had no herbs. And if asked she'd tell them that too. And Ingram turned her down in front of his nightwife, cruelly at that even. So as far as she was concerned his precious wife had no more legs to stand on with this argument.

Alright. I'm leaving the other stuff too. You should take it, because it will only get worse before it gets better, Ingram. His name said softly so he understood the truth of her statement. She was mad at him sure, but he was her friend of sorts so she was still worried for him as well.

She  moves far away, and into the shadows. And once she was certain he'd take at least one, she'd leave back the way she had come.
737 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Warrior
Seer
he does not have the energy, or the lung capacity to continue to argue with her — though the desire is born strictly within his own displeasure at being an obedient anything.

the void is not ready to welcome me back. his tenure here was far from over, though as another coughing fit wracks his body — making his ribs ache — it was understandable how anyone could deny his confidence.

he takes a bite of the peppermint, chews and swallows against the urge to spit it out.

when he has gagged it down ( dramatic, obviously ), he gathers the others and reluctantly trudges to the sick den he's claimed for himself, feeling his energy wan.