Brecheliant
Family
-Not all who wander, are lost.-
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Private 
@Kannoyak , Amalia as promised <3

Amalia found herself wandering from the pack lands. She was pleased to be able to go out and about. A small sense of disappointment, that she hadn't yet found her footing in Brechliant. She felt disjointed, strange. But that was not their fault. They were welcoming and kind. She was fast realizing. It was something inside her, that was strange.

Something upon the wings of her forebears had forced a sense of wanderlust into her and she couldn't quite ignore it's siren call. Much like Alaric. And with his arrival, she had to admit. It had gotten worse. However, unlike him. She always went home.
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The white hunter had not expected to meet a lovely woman when he journeyed into the glen. He had hoped his scouting journey would reward him with new prey. The urge to bring food to the moon villages burned in his belly and set him to work. Once he had started, Kannoyak would not stop until his limbs gave out.

The dark figure drew his eye, at once. He thought it to be Alaric. It was this assumption that he crooned out to the figure in a familiar voice.

Kannoyak hurried so that he might catch up.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
A noise of a croon of a wolf that knew her, and she turned, but it was not one she recognized. Evergreen eyes traced over the wolf with surprise. She offered him the sweetest smile she could muster. But if he looked he would see her brother looking there.

Hello. She looked at him with surprise. Her tail wagged behind her and she could smell it there, her brother's scent. Faint, but against him all the same. He must have thought she was he and so forth. It had happened often enough. The only difference was their slight height differences and Alaric had more brown.
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Kannoyak faltered.

This was a woman! Her voice was sweet upon the winter air. He was taken aback at his foolish confidence. The girl looked so much like the storyteller man.

This one apologizes. It is believed you were a storyteller – someone known.

The white hunter dipped his head in apology to the woman. He had overstepped his knowing and had been reminded why such confidence needed to be held in check. Kannoyak hoped that he had not offended her or surprised her with his hurried pace and deep voice. It would have been unfitting of his character, to spook a woman.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
She smiled up at him, but did not laugh at his expense. She held up a paw.

You know my brother Alaric I'd wager. He is a storyteller man and almost my twin. There is no apology necessary. It is nice to be greeting friendly.

She tilted her head and studied him. I'm Amalia and you sur have very pretty eyes.

Her tail wagged behind her happily.
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Yes! Very good, he said happily. Kannoyak was grateful that this girl knew Alaric, at least. To find that they were related was enough to ease him from his stiff and apologetic stance.

Her eyes were like fresh flower buds before bloom – green and vibrant as springtime.

The white hunter was mesmerized by her beauty for several moments. When she offered a compliment to him, Kannoyak was shocked. In the white hunter’s home, he was nothing special to look at. Most of the men of the little river village were strapping and their eyes were intensely set upon their goals. He was one of many.

Amalia. Thank you, he said in a voice hushed by his awe.

This one is called Kannoyak Sura.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia did laugh then and pressed a paw to her muzzle.

I hope Alaric hasn't exhausted you. He can be very exuberant.

He seemed calmer after ahe told him she knew her bratty brother. Though Alaric was sweet he was a lot.

He seemed surprised by her compliment, but she supposed it was par for the course.

You're welcome.

Ears tilted forward. Well Met Kannoyak
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
This one is tireless. There is no fear of being exhausted, he assured her with a wave of his tail.

Alaric had strong energy, yes. He was a good man. He had a good way with his words, which seemed to be a mark of a good storyteller. Kannoyak had enjoyed listening to the things he had shared. It was nice to know that there could be new friends in these strange lands. So far from his home, he had been uncertain. Knowing what he knew after hunting in their woods, the man was at ease.

Your brother is a storyteller. What is Amalia?

Kannoyak wished to know. Her brightness was enchanting.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Laughter flew upon the air and she nodded.

Then you both are in good company with each other. she lifted a paw with her loud laughter. Joy falling from her as it often did.

Ahe wondered what she was for a brief moment. Did she know anymore? Sister? Daughter? Hunter? Scout? Bother? So many things.

I am a scout and a hunter.
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The woman’s laugh was beautiful, too.

Kannoyak wondered how many lovely ladies made their homes in the unfamiliar wilds. He had met so many in such a short time. Each of them had offered him something that the other had not. Some had given him a glimpse of familiarity. Some had been touchingly polite. He wished that his brothers could see the beauty and kindness of the wolves in these lands.

A hunter and a scout are honorable things, he said to her. This one is also a hunter.

The white wolf’s chest swelled with his pride.

And pathmaker for the villages in the great north and across the white hunting grounds.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
If anything could be said of the Willow family. They did nothing in half measures. And they carried joy usually, in their hearts.

Amalia had met many wolves in her movements here. Most had been kind. She liked them. There were some that were not, but she had begun to heal from those moments.

Pathmaking? What is this?
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The journey between villages is long and dangerous, the pale man explained.

Pathmakers are the first to walk them. Then walk them again. Until the ground is known and worn from your paws, you walk them. This means the villages can travel safely to each other and can offer their wares for trade.

Kannoyak was proud of his work as a pathmaker. The little river village had flourished with the work he had done. To hunt and to provide safe passage for traders was his spirit’s purpose. He had been placed on the earth to do just that. Even in the new lands, he intended to keep his people’s tradition.

It is long and tiring work… but it is rewarding.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
A small ile them amd a nod. I am glad you did this. You made it safer for wolves like my rogue of a brother.

The last part said with such affection it couldn't possibly be misconstrued as insulting. What this wolf had done. He should be proud it was work to be proud of.

:Do you miss path making?::
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The woman’s appreciation came off genuine. Kannoyak bowed his head in thanks for her words.

It was difficult to forget the reason for trekking those long paths. It was dangerous and cold work. Men spent months on their own to create safe trails for their village and the villages around them. Many did not pursue pathmaking long term, for it made life difficult for the walker and the family he left behind. But the work was important and needed to be done.

Yes, he answered her with a grave nod. There will be chance again to be pathmaker… for the villages here.

Kannoyak did not fear that he would leave this part of himself behind in the little river village.

Does Amalia have a village? the white hunter asked her.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia liked who she was. She liked how she preferred kindness to nastiness. And it was admirable what this wolf did. Broke trails. How long those trails must be. How hard and taxing and difficult. How strong he must be to do so.

I hope you find happiness in it if you wish to take up the mantle again. Perhaps if you are not adverse to company I can tag along?

She nodded. Yes. I was once of moonglow, but I have moved to Brecheliant. It is run by my dear friend Maia. Do you have a village?

She looked at him with earnest green eyes. Happy and content in the moment.
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It would bring great pleasure to have company. 

Kannoyak did not know why this beautiful stranger wished to spend time with him. She had a village for herself. Amalia said that she lived with a friend. It was good to have these relationships, he thought. Closeness to friends would help to build bonds. 

Not yet, the white hunter answered her question. This one is not certain where he is meant to be. Kannoyak thought it would be nice to know more of Brecheliant. The name was so foreign to him that he believed it would be something to behold. 

Will you share more about your village? About herself too, he hoped.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
She wagged her tail in delight and then moved to walk with him. I love my village, but I also like to scout. I like to go to new places and meet new wolves. See new things.

She studied him with a small smile. You have a good spirit and kind face. You will find a place that suits you.

She nodded. We are small, familial mostly. I'm a bit of an outsider to them all, but they have opened their home for me so kindly. We live near a pretty lake and forests all around. It's quite lovely. And there are so many places to run. I love running.
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It was nice to listen to her talk. The girl had gone into a place of family and had been given an invitation to join them. She had made herself part of their home. The white hunter had always been made nervous by these things. His father had been a stranger to their village. Kannoyak was now a stranger to the wolves of the Teekon territory. He wondered if he would find a woman and build a new life for himself.

It is a bold thing, going to a new place and making a home.

Kannoyak wished for Amalia to know that he thought it was impressive. The white hunter missed his family and his home village. He missed the paths that he had walked to the other villages in the northern white terrain. The man had never felt such homesickness.

Do you ever miss your true home? he asked of her.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
He was an avid listener. Her brother would adore him, because he would probably listen so sweetly to his millions of stories and not say a word against it. He was a kind a wolf she liked him thus far.

It had been hard making her own home in a place she didn't know anyone, but she had done her best. She didin't know how bold it was, but she enjoyed it.

She gave a soft noise and nodded. I do, very much. I miss the old trails I would run. I miss my family. The dens where I knew animals would be for food. The familiarity.
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Amalia is strong, he said to her with a proud gleam in his plum stare.

The white hunter did not offer compliments frivolously. He had found good wolves in the villages of the Teekon territory. If the wolves of the little river village knew about them, there would be many more pathmakers traveling from his home village to the villages that made their claims in these lands. Almost at once, he wished to see where she made her home.

Kannoyak would like to see Amalia again, he said quietly. The white hunter’s voice was deep. He had only felt a similar interest in one other – the raindrop woman intent on the mountain.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia smiled at him. Thank you.

She liked that he thought her strong. She may not really be, but it was nice to have someone say she was. Though not many could make it on their own as she did, for as long as she had, especially a lone female.

Oh. I'd like that. I live in Brecheliant. She turned her gaze towards where her home was and pointed. We live upon the Caldera there. I could take you to see it's borders? So you would know?
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Brecheliant on the Caldera.

Kannoyak watched her with a thoughtful expression. His white whiskers turned forward and then back to their resting place.

Yes, please. Kannoyak would like to see where Amalia lives.

The white hunter did not lie. He was more inclined to follow the path of the snowy mountain. He did not think it would be out of his way to start creating paths for traders and storytellers to journey from the moon villages to Brecheliant on the Caldera. It would give his legs purpose and set his heart on a task that fulfilled him.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
She smiled, her eyes lighting up. Reminiscent of her brothers, though these were not as impish or mirthful, just happiness.

Follow me then. She weaved her tail behind her and nudged him, the reminiscent of a woman tugging a man in joy up a path of resistance.

She would speak to him of the different short cuts and trails. Of animals that hid among the trees. Of the wolves she knew in Brecheliant, which honestly was not many, but enough.
167 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The touch of the dark-haired woman was welcome. It made his heart thrum pleasantly.

In all the ways she was different from Alaric, Kannoyak thought she was beautiful. Her eyes were green like signs of new leaf. The hunting man had never known a wolf of his village to have eyes like that. The wolves of the little river village were men and women with icy eyes. They were colored with bright blues and stormy grey. Even Kannoyak had been a sight when his baby blue gaze had turned to a fruity plum coloration.

Will you tell Kannoyak more about yourself? the white hunter asked her while they walked. Alaric was a storyteller man, he knew this. Amalia seemed to enjoy her time traveling or learning the grounds. Kannoyak liked that they might share this.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
There had been wolves of all kinds within the borders of Amalia's family's home. Because her family had traveled so much, they had brought back lovers and husbands and wives and children from all over. This had also been their demise, but it had been good while it had lasted. And bad when it came to an end.

Amalia and Alaric were a lot alike, but they were also so different that sometimes it caused the other heartache. She knew this, and she was fairly certain Alaric did too.

Of couse. Let's see.

She made a soft hmm noise in her throat, thinking. I like scouting as I said and running. I like the way winter looks upon the grass as it changes from winter to spring. That little bit of frosted dusting on green. I like to hunt and fish. I know some healing thanks to my family and Alaric. I can tell stories sometimes. What about you? Tell me of you or ask questions, because i'm quite terrible at speaking about myself.

She giggled, high and trilling. Eyes dancing.