Moonspear the smallest steps bring about the most lasting change.
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Fig could hear the longing behind her question. This had been the moment he’d feared the most. The one that had kept him away longer than he knew was right. He hadn’t wanted to face it, for her sake as well as his own. But, here it was.

He knew his answer. He decided a while ago that he wouldn’t stay, that he couldn’t. It was too easy to fall back into the pattern of his life revolving around her, making sure she was safe, making sure she was happy. Feeling like such a failure when she wasn’t one or the other. He needed the space, perhaps as badly as she needed him close. And he knew his sister well enough to know that it would kill her when he took it.

”I want to stick around for a while, catch up with you and everyone,” Fig said, feeling as though he was fumbling his words already. His nerves caught on fire instantly, almost as if his very body was trying to sabotage him—so intense was his instinct to stay in her orbit.

”After that…” he continued with a heavy breath, ”After that, I’m going to head East again. I spent some time that way and I really liked the area. I want to stay nearby so I can visit with you guys. But… don’t take this personally because it’s really not about you… I just realized that… I need to live my own life, do my own thing. Lead myself. Without mom or dad or… anyone…”

Fig shook his head, knowing he’d completely botched it. All of his careful planning about precisely what to say, wasted. He was making such a mess of this, and he’d been reliving it over and over again for days to come.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.
Fenn is welcome at all times and will in fact make me sad if she doesn't show up.