Redhawk Caldera I'm not much, but I'm here
Brecheliant
Family
-Not all who wander, are lost.-
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
All Welcome 
Fur of dark kissed shadows. Scars down sides. She moved through the pack lands with a small smile on her face. She had missed the footfalls and the pitfalls and the pack lands themselves. It was hard to be here and yet so easy. She had left for a time. Had found the sharp end of a cat or two and here she was. There was pain and sadness and the past was coming upon her quickly as those she had been once a part of were resurfacing. She wasn't sure exactly how to handle it.

So with each step she moved boldly forward. She would continue to make the best of every situation she could. She would continue to care and care until there was nothing left to give. Even if it meant she got nothing in return. She found herself atop the caldera. Green eyes looking down over the sun kissed place with love. Maia needed her right now. Teya needed her. And it was good to be needed even if it hurt a little. She hadn't known the wolf who now lay nestled beneath craggy earth. But she could feel how his family had loved him.
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Frolic woke up this morning feeling like someone was sitting on her chest. Her throat felt awfully scratchy too, like it did after she shouted a lot whilst playing. After peeling herself off the frosty ground, she made a beeline for the nearest drink of water. It helped, though she felt awfully tired for someone who’d just gotten out of bed.

Despite how she felt, the youngster went trotting around the caldera. When she spotted Amalia in the distance, she decided to race toward her. By the time she caught up to the dark woman, she was terribly out of breath. Frolic stood there and wheezed, her eyes flying wide when she got a closer look at her pack mate.

Did the hellcat do that to you?! Are you going to die too?! Frolic demanded hoarsely, her fur ironically poofing like a spooked cat’s.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia knew that sickness was afoot. She had done her best to make sure she took care of herself. Kept mint, chamomile on hand as her brother had instructed. Lot of water and avoiding direct contact with those that were ill.

However, she was thrown from such a goal, when Frolic ran up to her and caught her. Though she was mildly concerned at the girl as she breathed like a bellows. Goodness Frolic are you okay? Do you want some water or some mint to help you breathe?

Though her next words caught the dark one off guard, and she stood still for a moment. She shook her head. A cat did do it yes, but I won't die. I am healing up fairly well and I was not hurt so bad. A small frown line between her eyes.
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Amalia insisted she wouldn’t die, despite the cat’s handiwork. Frolic swallowed, which was rather painful. She winced a little, pondering her pack mate’s offer of mint.

I already had water. Will the mint help my throat? It hurts a lot, especially when I swallow, Frolic said, fur smoothing. She rubbed at her chest and added, I feel bad here too. It doesn’t hurt, exactly, but…

It occurred to her that she should tell her father. He was a healer, after all. It might mean she’d have to eat some disgusting leaves, though, and Frolic’s nose scrunched at the mere thought. Mint, at least, wasn’t as horrible as some others.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
It seemed that she was able to soothe Frolic a little. That was good. She hadn't wanted to upset her after the gizzly events from before.

She nodded. It will help your throat and your chest a little. Congedtion its called. My brother says its when you're all full of snot.

A small smile wondering of the girl would find that as amusing as her brother had when they were children. But boys could be so gross.
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The talk of brothers and snot made her think that she should hunt down @Callahan at some point and blast a snot rocket at him. If memory served, he’d been sniffling the past few days. According to @Eljay, many illnesses were contagious, meaning they could pass from one wolf to another. This was probably all his fault.

Grumbling under her breath, she stashed that thought for later and queried of Amalia, Where do we find the mint?
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia didn't know what Frolic was thinking, but a definite ugly look passed across her face for a moment. A face Amalia knew having been raised with a brother herself. Gods she loved him, but frankly brothers could be annoying and gross and other horrible awful things. But they also kept your back.

Amalia blinked in surprise at the complete one eighty the girl did. She smiled. Well I have some or yes we can go look for some? Which would you prefer?

She figured if the girl felt as bad as she sounded, she'd probably want the mint and rest, but she also may want an adventure. Amalia would just need to take it easy with her.
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
You have some? Frolic repeated dubiously, giving Amalia elevator eyes. Where?

Before her pack mate could answer, something tickled in her throat. Reflexively, the pup ignored it, but of course that didn’t work well. Something between a cough and a gag burst out of her, spraying spittle everywhere. Frolic recovered quickly, though it left her throat feeling even rawer than before.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
On quick feet Amalia backpedaled. She knew the look of mild panic that had lit the girls eyes and before she could even speak, spittle flew through the air. She turned her head away as quickly as she could, but some caught her fur behind her ear, and the side of her muzzle.

A soft whine and she bent her front torso down and twisted along the dirt wiping the saliva out and away. She knew it may very well be too late, but at least she could try and waylay some of the virus.

In my den. She returned. Come along and perhaps we should stop for a drink. That cough sounded painful.
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
It seemed some of her saliva had hit Amalia. Frolic’s eyes widened, impressed at her own range. She didn’t think to apologize, though the whine made her ears drop, only to perk up again when her pack mate indicated for her to follow her to her den.

Mmkay, she said, voice even more raspy.

It hurt to talk, so she didn’t say anything further. Frolic just made to lope after Amalia, fighting her growing fatigue with every step.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia wasn't sure what she could offer the girl, but she would find something for her. After all she could remember being younger and ill. IT had been awful and all she had really ever wanted was her mom.

So once they arrived, she pulled some mint from inside and also a soft fur and draped it over the girls shoulders.

Sometimes I get cold when I don't feel good and it's always nice to be cozy when sick. Chew on this and you should be fine. You can even swallow it, it won't hurt. But you can't eat a lot or you will make your tummy ache. Okay.
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
They arrived at Amalia’s den. While the adult bustled about inside, Frolic lingered in the doorway, craning her head inward to peek around with eyes and nose. When Amalia turned and draped something warm and soft over her, her eyes widened in surprise before she pushed her cheek against her shoulder, rubbing it on the soft fur.

Sinking down beneath its comfy weight, Frolic nipped at the small, fragrant leaves Amalia proffered her. They didn’t taste good but they weren’t terrible, either. They filled her mouth with a cooling sensation, which indeed soothed her throat a little with every labored breath.

Frolic didn’t mean to fall asleep there, splooted just inside Amalia’s doorway, but the pampering had been effective. Her eyelids grew heavy and she didn’t even bother putting up a token fight before succumbing to sleep.

Thanks, Nurse Amalia.