Big Salmon Lake Laughing Fairies
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Paws of white and fur of deep red, she traveled from the mountain. Today her destination unknown. Honestly she simply wanted to follow the river a ways. The sound comforting. She was lonely as of late. Chiteo off doing Chi things and the boys all on spirit journeys. She felt adrift and alone in ways she hadn't foreseen.

She hated that she felt so bereft and she was trying to keep a smiling face. But she was realizing that given her limitations. The fact that she preferred not to travel and stayed within moonglow. She may have to come to a day where her dearest ones would depart from her. And that filled her with dread and yet she was also so happy for them. Because if that was their choice and their journey to leave. Then they had managed their task. She would miss them achingly, but she also knew it was unfair to ever ask them to stay if they wished to leave.

Suddenly she felt tears gather and she continued forward. Green eyes on the river and ears perked to hear the sounds of the fairies among it's bubbling.
32 Posts
Ooc — Amaguq
The ochre-shaded wolf was getting fond of the open fields. One could travel dozens of miles padding on pale grass having the wind for a compass and the distant shades of the mountains for company.

For a long time, Akari shivered with the idea of being left alone with her thoughts. Her mind was obscured by bad memories and choices she only wished to undo. But if there's one thing an errant way of life teaches you is that everything in the world is ephemeral: all things come and go, like the wind, like the rain, like herself. And her sorrows and her dreams.

Akari felt a dampness in the air, guiding her to a water source. The scent of bears was ominous. The lake ahead was full of signs of being trampled by these enormous predators, that sought out these waters at this time of the year to devour the  fattest parts of the salmon, as they raced against time to gain weight for the winter.
She scavenged what little she could, trying not to linger any longer than necessary.

She followed the river that fed the lake, stopping from time to time to quench her thirst. The clear water mingled with the mist and its turbulent flow was the only sound echoing around the riverbanks. Akari allowed herself to be drawn into the landscape, detached from everything: her spirit was pried open, her heartbeat counting the seconds, holding on to the moment.

And then, suddenly, she spotted another wolf, its brightly-colored pelt fighting the haze. A female whose jade eyes were mesmerisingly beautiful, so warm, and yet so full of water. The she-wolf wasn't a loner, like Akari: her body carried the scent of others. She belongs to a pack. Which only added to the feeling of loneliness that was imprinted in her eyes.

Akari lifted her tail and waved it slightly, in a shy greeting, hoping that the other female wouldn't take it as an invasion of privacy.
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
There had been a thick musky scent of bears. But given where she lived, Ajei was aware of their scent and knew well to stay far away from them. She skirted those water edges with precision and swiftness. Not wanting to be caught unaware in the yellowed teeth of a beast. 

Ajei was caught in her own thoughts and her own sadness she at first didn't realize she was no longer alone. She continued on a soft hum on her lips as she did so. The water doing more to make her feel delight and ease the loneliness than most anything else had on this day. 

A wolf came upon her, small as she and mama and Moonwoman. Colored in the pretty hues of fall. At first Ajei was a little nervous. She didn't know this one.

Green eyes fell upon the other and a small curling of lips. She dipped her head and returned the small wag and spoke softly. 

This one greets you.
32 Posts
Ooc — Amaguq
"Likewise." Akari verbalized back, bowing slightly. She couldn't help noticing the peculiar way of speaking, which might place the slender, blazing-coated wolf in a faraway land, elsewhere. A fact that picked up Akari's interest. But she didn't really know how to approach her: she seemed so sad a while ago... Akari just wanted to make her feel better, somehow. She had this feeling about the stranger, sensing a kind and gentle soul who had somehow gotten lost.

But it also evident that both females were introverted and shy, which didn't help in these times when someone had to break the ice.

Akari sighed deeply and tried not to think too much about it. The words came out of her mouth, reflecting her thoughts and feelings with the transparency of the water rippling beside her. "Forgive my intrusion, but are you all right? You seemed rather sad."
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei offered a timid smile. She greeted her the way the people of Moonglow greeted. It was not how she would usually greet, but she wanted other's to think favorably of her home and her family. Her own mother even took on such nuances. It was the way of things. Ajei wasn't lost in the sense that she didn't know where she was. No. She was lost in thoughts and particulars of the world around her.

Ajei blinked surprised. Normally she was the one to ask if other's were okay. So to be asked herself, well it was a bit of a different type of thing. And she wasn't entirely certain how to answer. She had no qualms of speaking about it, and yet it felt an intrusion to speak of things her pack did. But they didn't seem to be secrets and wouldn't the boys be telling others what they were doing.

A soft nod. I suppose I am a bit lonely. My friends are out on spirit journeys to become men and I am anxiously awaiting them to hear their stories of travel. I am not one that likes to travel much, honestly. Preferring my borders. I'm Ajei.
32 Posts
Ooc — Amaguq
"My name is Akari." She smiled. "And I'm sorry to hear that. Loneliness is a feeling I am quite familiar with, although through a very different path in life. I've been a lone wolf for the last couple of years." The bronze-coloured wolf lowered her head to take a sip from the running water, her touch as soft as a kiss. Then she looked back at the youngster.

"Everything in life flows, like this river. Existence is fleeting, and the only constant in this world is its ever-changing nature." The soft wind ruffled her fur as her mind wandered through her past and her cooper eyes seemed to ignore Ajei's physical form. "A wolf has a choice: hold on to his family, or give his heart to the world and follow the path of fate. I can empathise with your thoughts: I once intended to stay with my kin for life. The thought of one of them leaving was painful. But then I understood: because one day, I was the one who had to go."

Akari blinked twice and seemed to come back from her journey into her memories. "But make no mistake: creating roots to your pack, to your home, is an honourable thing, Ajei! It really is!" She smiled. "As for those who left, they can always be found. I believe the threads of fate work in a very intricate way: they can bend, twist and turn, but never break. Just like the bond you share with them."

"Be the howl they follow as they seek their spirits." Speaking of which... "Though the reasons behind the spirit hunting still elude me. Is it some sort of ritual?" She asked curiously, tail wagging.
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
A small smile. It is nicevto meet you, Akari.

Then she began to share wisdoms that Ajei wasn't yet privy too. She was delicate in her ministrations. Different than many.

She had gems of lnowledge in her words and Ajei accepted it and enjoyed it. It wasn't often that she was knoqing the mind of others. Such interesting places it sounded as if this wolf had been.

:oh it is how a boy becomes a man. I don't know all of it. But they seek out answers to questions and explore.::
32 Posts
Ooc — Amaguq
Wisdom comes in many forms. It has no age and it can always be shared between those who keep their minds open.

Akari shared, but she also listened. She was happy to get to know this young one and fulfilled to know that after their parting, she'll surely find resolution and hope, now that both wolves' perception of the world has surely widened.