Stavanger Bay It's coming at me like a burning flame
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
thanks for the thread! :-) it was fun ^^

Being pricked by thorns was annoying, but it wasn't much more than that, so Charon wasn't super scared of the bees. It fascinated him that the honey always stayed the same, even if it got older, and that the taste didn't change a lot over time. He was eager to find out what bees and honey were like, although also growing tired from the long day thus far.

Charon didn't want to admit being tired, because it might come off as if he was scared, but luckily Thistle intervened by saying she was a little scared herself so they could look at it another day, when the bees might have moved on. "Yeah, we can check it another time, when the bees move," Charon said with a bob of his head. "Thanks for teaching me all this stuff, um, Thistle." He paused briefly before addressing her, not sure how he should address his guardian, but eventually stuck with what he knew — 'Thistle'.

"I'm gonna go take a nap now. I'll remember this place super good." Charon looked around to take mental note of what the place looked like. The crooked, hollowed out tree was pretty characteristic, and there were a few other things, some less relevant — like funny-looking stones, that might not be there anymore next time he visited — than others — like the shape and looks of other trees that surrounded it.

"Thanks again!" Charon said, and he stepped forward to lick the underside of Thistle's chin. Then Charon darted off to find the den, with or without Thistle in tow, so that he could take some rest.