Horizon Ridge the top of the world
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
For @Finley ! Set at Horizon Ridge, in daytime

It wasn't that Charon was scared of the dark, because he liked spending time with the stars, but he only explored outside of Stavanger Bay in the daytime. Thistle and Ragnar often warned him of the dangers of the outside, but Charon loved to leave the territory and explore. The world seemed so giant to him, even though he had only set small steps out of the Bay. He hadn't even yet encountered any different packs, even though he knew they were out there.

Seeing Horizon Ridge and the mountains that stretched out beyond it from the forestry, Charon had decided to climb up a bit to see if he could get a good view of faraway places. Eagerly, the boy had set out on the journey, though it turned out to a lot bigger climb in practise than it had seemed in theory, when he had looked up from between the trees.

"Man, this is tough," Charon sighed as he climbed. "We gotta be almost here now, right?" He looked over his shoulder and irritably flattened his ears. "Yeah? Well, you're a fat slowpoke!" he shouted through the forest, a little louder than he had intended, and with eyes narrowed in irritation, he continued his climb. Finally he was beginning to see some light through the trees, which meant that maybe, he was nearly at his destination...
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
i am so excited omg

Things were back to being good with Elwood. Their last conversation had been fun and friendly and had ended with Fin walking away feeling warm and fluttery and happier than she had been in a while.

Which of course meant she needed to make a run for it.

The responsibility of being a beta kept her tied to the Teekon Wilds, which was fortunate because (whether she truly realized it or not) she was quickly getting to the point in the relationship where it was time to put a continent between the two of them. It was her love and loyalty to Peregrine and Fox that held her tight where she belonged. But that didn't mean she didn't still have a responsibility to perform her appointed trade, however.

So, there she was, in the dead of Winter, miles and miles away from the Caldera for..... Hm. Well, she hadn't come up with an excuse yet. She supposed that she would need to stop by some pack or another and have a quick chat with them just so that she could say it was an outrider thing. For now though, she was content to simply wander through the trees and gaze out at the ocean that crested the horizon.

Finley wasn't certain how many hour had passed before her meandering thoughts made a sudden beeline towards an unexpected voice that bounced faintly to her ears. She canted her head and picked up her pace, curiosity drawing the path that lead her straight to the freckled youth. She watched him silently for a moment, wondering at how such a young wolf was off on his own. She was reminded a little of herself... Only this pup wasn't eagerly making friends with wolverines or bear cubs, so clearly they had their differences...

"Hey, small pox!" she barked at him after a few minutes, trotting steadily towards him. There had to be somewhere he belonged and she had a feeling it probably wasn't to the deep cliff they were precariously near to.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Me tooooooooooo! <3<3<3

Just as Charon was nearly at the top of the ridge, walking towards the light, he heard a voice. He tilted his head sharply towards the source of the voice, finding a greytone wolf that reminded him a little of Levi; well, colouration-wise, anyway. He wondered what she was doing here, but moreover, what business she had calling him names. Charon proudly lifted his head and tail, although his gangly 4-months-old body made him look a very awkward sort of dominant, as he looked at her defiantly.

"Don't call me that!" Whatever the hell it means... "I got a name, y'know!" He lifted his snout into the air indignantly and, because it was obvious that she thought he was some tiny wolf who shouldn't be out on his own (he got that all by himself from the 'small' part of the insult), decided that it was time for a boastful story. "Don't get in my way too much, I was just out here lookin' for bears to fight." Maybe if Charon were to meet an actual real life bear some day he would get back on his boastful stories but for now, he kept them close to his heart and his mouth. A bear had killed his mother, and so bears were like the imaginary monsters Charon beat in his head — and in the stories he told other wolves.

Charon had forgotten all about Drake for a moment, but that slowpoke was always lagging behind anyway. Now who was the fat slowpoke, ha! Charon kept these thoughts to himself, of course, his attention fully divided into impressing the greytoned female.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
The small-ish wolf was quick to bristle and snap at her with biting words. Finley canted her head at him curiously. "How am I supposed to know that?" she replied, "For all I know, this is the first time anyone's ever even addressed you." It didn't occur to her that she should doctor her words or her tone to cater them to speaking with one so young. She spoke to three week-old infants as though they were tiny adults, so why would she treat this young gentleman any different?

As the boy continued, Fin's eyes widened and that mischevious spark suddenly began to blaze. "What, really?" she asked him eagerly, her tail beginning to wag, "Kid, that's awesome! Find any?" Little did her bespeckled counterpart realize that he was trying to scare off a professional bear fighter by boasting about fighting bears. And little did Finley realize in her reckless excitement that the young wolf was bluffing, nor did she realize that taking him on an actual bear hunt with her (as she was about to suggest) was an astoundingly terrible idea.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
This adult was pretty weird. First of all, she was pretty much like a big kid, for all Charon could tell thus far, and secondly, how was it the first time anyone had ever even addressed him, ever? He had parents, so surely she would know they addressed him before she met him? Or maybe she believed in stories of storks bringing babies since she was a big kid herself. "How would it be the — gosh, never even mind. And you thought 'small pox' was a good name?" Charon defiantly rolled his eyes. The fact that she didn't respond to his dominance both fueled it and made him feel frustrated (because you weren't really the Alpha until someone else acknowledged it).

"What's your name, then? Barf-face?" Charon said as he stared at her with his youthful blue eyes.

As he mentioned bears, something changed in the other wolf's mannerisms. Her tail wagged and her eyes seemed ablaze with enthusiasm. Charon hadn't actually ever seen any bears, so he was a little taken aback that another wolf would be eager to meet them. Maybe she met the magic crafting bears, like the one that put Drake back together; nice bears. "I, uuuuh," he said, blinking stupidly. "Well, no. I guess they all heard 'bout my reputation as bear-biter first class." After his inital setback, Charon picked himself up and continued the game of boasting. In truth, he knew nothing about bears — good or bad — except that one had killed his mother.

Feeling kind of caught out even though he had fixed his mistake, Charon looked over his shoulder. He shouted, "Draaaake, come on! I'm not going to wait here all day before we continue the bear search!" He was looking for a divertion, and being faux-irritated at his imaginary friend seemed like a good idea, for some reason.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Good lord this kid was short-tempered and grumpy. Fin's lips twitched with amusement that she did her best to stifle, knowing it would probably just irritate him even more. Her ears flattened when he called her barf-face, even though that too made her want to laugh. She refrained from sharing her name - after all, if he wasn't going to offer his then why should she? Plus, not pushing the name exchange gave her a reason to keep calling him 'Small Pox', which just tickled the crap out of her fancy. "At least mine was clever..." she retorted quietly as the conversation began to reel in a different direction.

So he fancied himself a bear-biter first class, eh? Fin cast him a skeptical look. She had no doubt in her mind that this little ruffian didn't actually have a reputation of any sort. Even Fin's name wasn't likely to spark any recognition in Teekon's bear population, not unless it was one of the bears she had tangled with specifically. That was something they could set to changing, though... Ohhhh the ideas that began to fly through Finley's head....

Suddenly, the youngster called out to someone over his shoulder, snapping Fin out of her daydream and back to attention. She peered inquisitively into the woods in the boy's wake and sniffled eagerly at the air. Finding nothing, she looked back at the freckled pup. "Were you travelling with someone?" she asked, taking another step towards him and straining forward with her neck to continue her searching sniffs.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Well, if she wasn't going to share an actual name, she'd just have to be called Barf face forever. Charon didn't pay much attention to Barf face's retort, because he knew the actual truth of the matter (that hers wasn't smarter at all). The conversation continued, and Charon luckily did not notice the amused twitching of Barf face's lips. If there was one thing he really hated, it was not being taken seriously.

As Barf face asked about who he was travelling with, Drake came up beside Charon (well, not really, but he did in Charon's mind). "Oh, yeah. This is Drake," Charon introduced, and he nodded his nose towards the empty spot on his right. "Don't worry, he's not really a real bear, he's just a furry troll." Charon's left ear twitched and he looked back to see Barf face's reaction to Drake.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
The little wolf proceeded to introduce her to his companion, which Fin took as a sign that he was warming up to her at least a bit. Unfortunately, Fin was likely going to ruin that as it turned out, his friend was rather sort of... non-existant. She blinked at the empty space at the boy's side where this "Drake" supposedly stood, glancing back at him as he explained that it wasn't a bear but a furry troll. Which was quite... a relief? Was she supposed to be relieved?

"Well..!" Fin started after a moment, hesitating briefly as she worked to reel her initial reaction back in before she said something rude, "Good to meet you both." She. Supposed. This kid was weird. She wondered for a moment if Peregrine and Fox's kids would be just as mentally impaired or if this was a special case. It didn't occur to her that having imaginary friends was actually quite common for children and was NOT a sign of mental illness. She'd never had one when she was little, and god knows she pretty much only ever paid attention to herself, so whatever she had done became the norm in her mind.

"So, are trolls good bear hunters?" Fin found herself asking, rather more out of curiosity for how the boy's mind worked than of a maternal desire to nurture his creativity or some shit by placating him.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
There was something fishy about the way that Barf face acted, although Charon wasn't entirely sure what it was. He decided to just let it be for now, and focus on the bear hunt. Charon was pleased that Barf face greeted him and Drake both, courteously enough, and nodded after she said that it was nice to meet them. It was kind of irritating that she still hadn't given her name, but Charon was too proud to give his name first. She was the one who had insulted him first, after all, so he thought it was her task to tell her name first, then.

When Barf face asked him if trolls were any good at hunting bears, Charon half-nodded. They could be, but not all types of bears. "Well, the crafting bears are Drake's friends, but all of the growly roary teethy types of bears are good for hunting. Drake's pretty good at it, though I've got a better nose for it." Charon looked at Barf face and asked, "Are you gonna help us find one?" The thought of meeting a real life bear was pretty daunting to Charon, but at the same time he thought it would be nice to be able to bite a real bear in the ass after his own mother had died from one. And anyway, he had Drake and Barf face with him, so what could go wrong, really?
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin was quite fascinated by the youngster at this point. He had quite the imagination, evidenced by the detailed description he gave of the different types of bears Fin had no idea existed. For a second, she found herself wondering if she'd ever come across any crafting bears before. Just when she was deciding the only types of bears she'd ever met must be the growly, roary, teethy kind, she suddenly realized that she was being an idiot. Bears were bears, and she really needed to stop getting sucked into stories, especially ones told by children.

"Yeah, I'll help!" she replied brightly when the young wolf asked, her tail wagging. Maybe he was crazy, but who knew? Maybe he actually was good at finding bears. She had no fear at all that something terrible would happen and she would end up getting the youngster murdered by a bear that day. It was either complete confidence in herself or a frightening lack of sense that drove her belief. Fin would've said it was the former, but I think we all know it's the latter.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon didn’t even know what bears looked like. Well, except that they were kind of like Drake, but bigger, and from what he had heard they were large and hairy and had a bigger nose and tinier, rounder ears than wolves. Oh, and there was something about their tails. Was it that they didn’t have any? Charon couldn’t remember the specifics, but it was something like that.

Barf face agreed to join him on the bear hunt, and he nodded conclusively. ”Well, I saw some light through the trees over there, so we can start there,” said Charon and he trotted on through the trees until he reached the plateau that formed Horizon Ridge. Once he got to the top, he could see really far, all the way out to the sea. ”Wooooooah!” he called out in surprise at the magnificent sight, having forgotten the bear hunt for just a moment. It was beautiful, and Charon didn’t think he had ever seen such a detailed sight from above. In the Bay, he could look out across the sea, but the rest was just forestry. This was his first visit to any mountain sort of place at all. With his mouth hanging ajar, Charon stared out at the view, momentarily forgetting all about bears, Barf face, or Drake.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
The little wolf was happy to accept her invitation, and Fin was quick to follow as he set off. It actually made more sense for her to be leading the charge, which she was quite aware of, but she was intrigued to see just where the little bear fighter would take her. They hadn't gotten off to a great start, but she had taken to him already. Even if he continued to refer to her as barf face in his inner monologues.

As Small Pox stopped to admire the view, Fin was busily sniffing at nearby tree trunks. She hadn't even noticed when the forest suddenly opened up to reveal the wide expanse of land that stretched out towards the Northern shores, but his sudden exclamation did warrant a brief glance. She narrowed her eyes slightly as she looked over at him and then beyond at the view he was apparently so fascinated by. She had never really been one to stop and admire the flowers, and so she failed to see what the big deal was for her young companion, even though to others it might have been obvious.

"You never seen water before, Small pox?" she asked bluntly, canting her head, "Come on, I think I've got something over here..." Fin turned away from her to sniff at a pile of scat that smelled like it had been sniffed by a different sort of predator recently. She couldn't tell if it was actually a bear that had shown interest in it - after all, the overwhelming scent it carried was of deer shit - but it was a more promising lead than they had otherwise.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It seemed that Barf face wasn't very good at admiring the view, since she thought Charon's admiration was completely unnecessary. To her question, he retorted (and, without realising it, he had already grown more or less used to the name 'Small pox', considering he didn't even fight that Barf face called him that), "Well duh, I live in a bay. I think it's somewhere down there." He squinted his eyes slightly as he looked down and said, "I wonder if I can see my den from up here!" Considering it was in a forest, and rather far away, it wasn't likely at all that he would, but he continued to scan across the forest that he thought was Stavanger Bay (but he may as well've been off, considering it was all very far away), looking for the needle in the haystack.

When Barf face said 'Come on, I think I've got something over here', Charon was distracted from admiring the extended view here. He realised that Barf face really didn't like checking out the view and that she was determined to find bears. It was actually pretty exciting, considering he wasn't actually a bear fighter first class, and it seemed like Barf face had a lot more experience looking for bears. How exciting!

Acting like he knew what he was doing, Charon joined Barf face by the deer poop and sniffed at it. He mostly just smelled lots of deer poop smell. There were some other scents, but none of those were familiar to Charon so he couldn't keep them apart, let alone know which one was supposed to be bear. But, considering Barf face was smelling at it like it was a lead, it probably smelled like bear too. "Where's the scent trail leading?" asked Charon, trying to sound like a professional bear hunter, and he looked at Barf face for guidance on the matter.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
It took the kid a minute to abandon his treasured vantage point, but when he joined her, it was with enthusiastic curiosity - just the sort that Finley liked. Whatever nonsense he'd bantered on about just before joining her was totally lost on her as she nosed about at the nearby foliage, searching for where the trail continued so that they could follow it. The boy was quick to ask about just that, though Fin chose not to respond until she caught the evidence that gave her an answer.

"This way, into the woods," Fin replied, lifting her head to peer into the darker spaces between the trees. She turned to the young wolf for a moment, her better sense finally catching up with her. Kinda. Sorta... "You guys sure you're up for this?" she asked, thoughtfully including Small Pox's inner demon imaginary friend in on the inquiry.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It's so adorable how Finley includes the imaginary friend haha ♥

Barf face mentioned they had to go into the woods, and Charon nodded and followed Barf face's gaze into the trees. Oh boy, this was pretty exciting; Charon was closer to beating up a bear now than he had ever been. It was gonna be so cool! He was gonna be so cool! He'd finally get to pay the bears for what they had done to his mother, Charon mentally noted, and best of all, he had an experienced bearfighter at his side so surely they would do a pretty good job at this.

Barf face looked at him and Drake and asked if they were up for it, and Charon hastily nodded. "'Course!" he indignantly replied, as though it was an insult that she might consider him to be not-ready. "And Drake's ready too! Right, Drake?" Charon looked to his side, then back at Barf face, nodding. "Yup, he says he's ready too." Since it was exciting in both good and bad ways, Charon allowed Barf face to take the lead, since he was feeling pretty shaky on his legs. With a low voice — in case the bear was nearby — he said, "Why do you like fighting bears?" He had a pretty solid reason of revenge, and he suddenly wondered if Barf face had maybe lost her mother to bears too.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Lol it's very unlike her! She probably just doesn't want her bear-fighting companion to get mad at her and abandon the hunt xD

Well, if he was sure.

Fin's look of momentary trepidation melted away in an instant once the young wolf assured her that he and his whatever were ready to go. She gave him a nod before turning to set off into the woods, letting her senses lead the way. She wasn't completely certain that what they were following was a bear at all - it could easily have been a wolverine or a bobcat or something. Hell, it could have been a racoon. The scent wasn't quite strong enough for her to be able to tell.

Small Pox questioned her penchant for fighting bears, and Fin could only furrow her brows thoughtfully for a few moments. Why did she like fighting bears? "I dunno..." she answered, chewing briefly on her lip, "I guess just because they're challenging. Plus, they look so silly when they fall over oh my gosh." She began to giggle at the thought of a silly ol' bear falling over like a silly ol' bear.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Luckily, Barf face showed no more hesitation when Charon assured her that he was really ready to fight bears. He followed her as she lead the way, hoping that she actually knew what she was talking about and would know where to find a bear. Boy, this was so exciting! It'd be the first time he would actually face off to a bear!

It seemed strange that Barf face didn't have any real reasons to fight with bears, other than that they were funny when they fell over. Charon hoped that they'd find a bear so that she could demonstrate, since he had never seen it. However, it seemed appropriate to reply to her reasonings. "Uh, yeah!" he said, lying, "I think that's pretty funny too!" Even though he had never seen a bear, much less seen one fall over.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
My wine glass says "Trick or Treat". I dedicate this post to the "Trick" part of it >:D

Fin's words did nothing to deter Small pox's enthusiasm about hunting bears. She was quite pleased about that. It was nice to have an eager companion on one of her escapades for once. Usually they weren't quite so eager for trouble as she was. This little wolf seemed like he'd be just as happy to see an angry bear charging at them as Fin was.

The boy commented on how amusing it was for bears to fall down, which made her smile. With that, she didn't really have much to say, so the conversation fell into a quiet lull as they passed between the trees, sniffing and scratching at the ground. After a while, Fin lifted her head to peer into the spaces between the trees, squinting as the light had begun to fade the further and deeper they went into the forest. They were coming close to the mountain's face, which was a good thing. That's where bears liked to sleep.

Speaking of which...

Fin trudged forward a few yards, stopping suddenly as something caught her attention. A grin slipped across her muzzle as she narrowed her eyes mischievously. Swiftly and quietly, she lowered herself to the ground and crept up right beside the pale youngster. "Hey, you see that there? Between the trees? That hole in the face of those rocks?" she whispered, pointing with her muzzle at the dark crevice between the tower cliffs just ahead where she fully suspected a bear was deep in slumber.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
I started thinking about how odd it is that there's wine glasses with 'trick or treat' on them, and eventually ended up thinking that it's actually pretty clever text for a wine glass, considering what alcohol does to people. Anyway, does that mean Charon and Finley are gonna get drunk, throw up and pass out in their own vomit together? :P

The two walked on in search of bears, when Barf face suddenly stopped in her tracks. Charon nearly bumped into her, but managed to stop himself just in time and held as silent as she, following her gaze. He lowered himself, just as she did, and looked at the gap in the rocks that Barf face pointed out. "Cooool," he said, finding this all super exciting and mucho cool. So, bears slept between rocks? Were they anything like dragons then? Did they breathe fire? So many questions, but he didn't want to look lame by asking any misplaced questions, and anyway, they were being sneaky, so Charon decided to hold silent.

Whispering loudly, Charon looked at Barf face and said, "Is a bear sleeping there? What do we do next?" He forgot for a moment that he was a pro bear fighter, so he should know exactly what to do, and watched Barf face to see what the real pro would suggest they do.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
LOL I wish, it would make so much sense for Fin to get a child drunk XD

Finley's focus had slipped away from her smallish counterpart to pool all efforts towards learning everything she could about their situation. There was indeed a bear sleeping in there, and so she put to work all of her senses to try and glean what she could from its scent and the sound of its slow, deep breaths. Charon's voice reeled her back from the intensity a bit, but only just enough for her to fill him in on what it was she was doing.

"We wait, we sniff, and we listen," Finley replied softly, "We sniff to see what sort of state its in. Is it sick? Is it alone? Is it an expectant mother just beginning to lactate in preparation for its cubs? Has it made a recent kill? Has it ventured out at all in the past few days? When approaching an enemy like this, you want to know absolutely everything you can about it. Even if it doesn't seem like it would be of any use for you to know, make sure you know it, because you never know what you might need to know." Ow. My brain got mad just writing that sentence.

"We listen because our ears can tell us a lot of the same things," Fin continued, "Furthermore, one can confirm the other so that we can be absolutely certain of our convictions. You follow, Small Pox?" She shot him a sidelong glance to see if he was following.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
haha, it would be hilarious. too bad there are no night clubs at Wolf! xD

Charon listened patiently to his bear-fighting teacher as she explained what they should do. Wait, check. Sniff, check. Listen, check. Somehow, Barf Face explaining about the possibilities made the bear seem so much more of a person. It could have cubs, it hunted, it moved out and then returned... It was weird thinking of bears as anything but horrible monsters that had killed his mother, really.

"Yeah," Charon whispered when Barf Face asked if he was following. He sniffed the air, trying to get a good whiff of the bear scent. For the first time, he actually picked up the scent (or, well, he thought it was; he'd never smelled a bear before, so it was hard to identify). Large ears cupped forward to listen and catch any sounds while sniffing. He didn't hear any sounds, but he could smell... something. He opened his mouth to ask if the scent he picked up was bear, but then realised that Barf Face thought him to be an excellent pro bear fighter, so he couldn't possibly ask her about the scent of bear. He should already know this scent. There was also the scent of blood, as though it had hunted (or had gotten hurt) recently.

Deciding to take the plunge and risk that it was actually bear he was smelling, Charon whispered, "Pretty sure it smells like bear in there, and kinda like blood... Maybe it hunted?" He hoped he was right, for Charon's young nose was far from perfected, and expectantly looked at Barf Face to, hopefully, confirm what he had just suggested.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin's nostrils continued to flare and her head swayed slightly as she reached towards the cave with her muzzle. Her ears were very tuned into whatever was happening in the den, which was a whole lot of nothing besides some gentle snoring. She shifted her attention back to her young counterpart. His words brought a smile to her face, and very gently she gave him a nod.

"I do believe you're right," Fin assured him with a grin, "Probably a good thing - he won't have room to eat us." It didn't occur to her that her words might upset him or even frighten him. As soon as she'd said it, her attention was back on the cave. Everything seemed to be good, so she gave Small Pox a quick glance to see if he was ready. "I think we're in the clear," she whispered, "You ready to go?"

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon expectantly looked at Barf face to see if she would confirm his conclusions, and his tail wagged a few held back beats when she did. She went on to say that it was a good thing, so that it could not eat them, and Charon grinned wickedly and said, "Pff, we're awesome bearfighters, we wouldn't let a stupid bear eat us!" Having never actually encountered a bear or gotten into real trouble wrestling one, Charon had no idea what bears were actually like.

Barf face asked if Charon was ready, and he nodded. "Yeah, okay..." His ears twitched and he heard the snoring sound. When he looked through the crack, he saw the bear laying there; it was giant! He wasn't sure how in the world they were going to defeat it. The fact he might end up like his late mother did not even occur to Charon, however, deeming himself and Barf face rather the heroes. He had bravery and she had the experience... what could possibly go wrong?

Charon stared at the giant bear with widened eyes. He wasn't afraid, having a stupid childish belief in their abilities, although one might be able to misinterpret his amazement as fear.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin liked this kid. He could be kind of a moody little ass, but he had plenty of redeeming qualities that actually made the former rather endearing. She made a mental note to actually get his real name at some point. She would also have to share her own with him, even though she was yet unaware that he was still internally referring to her as 'Barf Face'.

The pair crept forward until they could actually see the hulking beast in the dark depths of the cave. Fin felt excitement bursting in her chest, and she turned to share an eager glance with her smaller companion only to see him staring, wide-eyed at their quarry. The look on his face made her pause - it seemed to Fin to be a look somewhere between awe and fear. Which one was the stronger of the emotions, she couldn't tell, but it made her better sense finally catch up to her.

What in god's name was she doing???? HE WAS SO SMALL.

Fear needn't have taken the younger wolf, for suddenly Fin was so gripped with it that she froze in place, just staring at him with wide eyes and a slightly slackened jaw. She was going to get him killed. Just as she'd almost gotten Lasher killed those months ago. Had she not learned her lesson then?? A particularly loud snort from the bear managed to shake Fin of her paralysis, and slowly she made up her mind. "Hey.. Come on," she whispered to Charon, giving him a hard nudge on his shoulder and then turning to move away, back into the forest. She glanced back at him, hoping that he would just follow her lead like a good little boy.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Haha, at least one of them has some sense! xD

The tip of Charon's tail twitched in concentration while he watched the giant bear sleep, his heart racing in his throat in excitement. He was finally going to do it; beat up a real life bear with the help of a professional bear beater, and get revenge for what bears had done to his mother. He couldn't be more excited, and focussed wholely on the bear in front of him, while waiting for Barf face to go and...

He was snapped from his concentration by Barf face saying 'come on' while she nudged his shoulder, and then turned tail and left. He was confused, but since Charon considered Barf face to be the bear beater extraordinare he did not question her move and decided to follow her.

"What's wrong?" asked Charon with tilted head while he followed beside Barf face.