Bearclaw Valley I dislike you more than you know
-Dark of Soul, Strong of Body-
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
@Kove

Artok stood staring off in the early morning light. He had traveled from the inner recesses of the den, and now he stood there. Golden eyes traced the forms of the high rocks. It was so beautiful here, and very well protected. It was a nice change, he still didn't trust anyone, but Scarlett and he definitely disliked many of them.

He tilted his head, ears slicked back. It was spring finally, flowers and small animals. He would begin hunting again, as soon as he could get his feet. He still limped enough, that it was difficult.
Artok has a permanent limp in his front right foreleg.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Title fits perfectly xD

Kove had been out and about, mainly lingering near the entrance, and also spending a bit of time near the waterfall. He was curious, after all, about what was behind it. The echo proved that it was hollow, but how large it was, or where it lead, was still a mystery to him. He had originally planned to had explored the area already, but that had not yet happened. Even now, so early in the morning, he still didn't have a strong enough urge to search it to go right in. Instead, the man headed back towards the den site, enjoying the coolness of the morning. As he drew closer, the sight of silver came into view, which he recognized as being Adlartok. The little boy had already made it clear that he was not a fan of the pale man, but he wished to change that. Since they were both close to Scarlett, the male wanted to get along with him, for her.

Once he was close enough, the Inuit gave a short chuff to alert the younger wold of his presence, closing the distance between them soon after. “Good morning,” Kove greeted. “Have you been doing well?” Even if the boy was not exactly a fan of him, that didn't stop the man from being concerned about him. He was both a pack member and a friend of the albino, practically making him family. Sort of, anyways.
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
[size=x-small]I thought so[/size]

Artok had seen the male, that his foster mother was so enamored by, walking about. He had actively avoided him, to the best of his abilities. He saw him travel around the waterfall, and the sight of him. Usually it left a bitter taste, in Artok's mouth. Artok disliked him, more than even Scarlett knew. Perhaps, it stemmed a bit from bitter jealousy. The attention that had been so easily lavished upon himself, now he had to share it. Or perhaps like all the others, it was merely a cause of trust.

It was then as he thought like that, when Kove stepped into view. His face twisted into disgust, and he stared at him for a moment. Clearly, upset with the other's candor, in speaking with him. Obviously if I am up and walking. I am doing well. Yourself? the last part he added almost grudgingly. But even the brow beaten boy, knew of morals and manners.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Oddly enough, Kove found the boy's actions and ways to be mildly amusing. He didn't like that they didn't get along too well, but at least they weren't at each others' throats (on the outside, anyways). “Good to hear,” the man returned, smiling slightly. “I am doing well, too, thank you for asking.” It was clear that he'd only asked to be polite, but he didn't mind. The older wolf wasn't about to act like a child and react to the boy as he reacted to him. Doing that would probably upset Scarlett, or so he thought, and squabbling with her was an unappealing idea entirely.

His gaze drifted to the boy's wounds, curiosity in them. “How are your wounds?” the white wolf asked. “Are they healing well? Have you met with Outcry so she could look over them?” Kove was not a healer of any sort. The most he could do was clean a wound, but when it came to using herbs, he was lost unless given actual instructions. With how the silver wolf's injuries were, he couldn't even tell how bad they truly were. Sometimes things looked worse than they actually were, or vice versa, and he didn't want one of his lover's friends being worse off than they let on. He didn't want anything else to happen to the boy.
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Had Artok know the other found him amusing, he probably would have had something cutting to say. However, he wasn't privy to the other's thoughts. Yea whatever. Was the only words he offered. He lifted his gaze, and stared at him. It was not an outright challenge to his rank, but it was a show of how he felt about him none the less.

Suddenly Artok couldn't take it anymore. The politeness was just too much. And the other didn't care what happened to him. He didn't matter to him. why do you care anyway? It's not like you can boast an affection for me. It's Scarlett's favor who you want. I already told you what I thought of you and her. I'm healing and that is all that matters.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
An invisible eyebrow raised in response to the boy's 'whatever', but soon settled back into place. If he knew what all was in the silver wolf's head, he would probably have worked to better understand the boy, but Kove was no mind reader. All he could do was look in to what he showed outwardly, and hope that someday it would change. Even if it took longer than what was desired, he would continue to wait. Rushing something like trust wasn't something he wished to do with a pack mate, no matter how the boy acted.

“I may want Scarlett's favor,” he admitted. “But I also wish to have yours someday. We are pack mates, and you are close with Scarlett, so I want to be close to you, too.” The idea had been to have the pack become as close to a family as they could manage, and that was what he intended to do. Even if it meant putting up with small outbursts from the injured boy, he was willing to go through it. “I want to be able to change your thoughts on the two of us. I know that won't happen over night, but it would be nice to know that I am not pursuing that bit of trust alone.” Kove kept his eyes pinned to the boy's face as he spoke, and let his gaze linger further even after his voice had faded.
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok saw his look, and he smirked. He didn't mind that the other, probably thought him worthless or irritating. As a matter of fact, the more he thought he was a jerk. Maybe he'd stop trying, Artok didn't know the male wouldn't stop trying, and had he known he probably would have been more irritated than cocky.

Artok shook his head, at him. Honestly all that male wanted, was a piece of ass. And Artok would be damned if that is all Scarlett ended up being to him. He had not lied when he told the male, that he would end him. He would and it would not be done with mercy. that is not going to happen. I don't form attachments. Artok listened and then snorted softly, For now Kove you are alone, in trying to win my trust.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Kove pulled his ears back slightly, but did not remove his gaze from the younger male. “You formed one with Scarlett,” he pointed out. “You can't stay all alone with only Scarlett forever, you know. Someday, you will need others around you. I'm sure the one who attacked you lowered the chances of that happening, but I believe it still will someday.” The man gave him a smile. Despite his words, the white wolf was determined to gain the trust of the boy, and there was nothing that could force him to give up on what he desired. “I hope it does not stay that way forever, Adlartok. I believe we could really get along if we both tried.”

The two were very different, but Kove felt he could understand him if he was given the opportunity to. He knew that the boy cared for Scarlett, that he would protect her, and he could understand why. In the Inuit's eyes, the albino woman seemed more like a parent to the young male, rather than just another friend.
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok's ears flattened tightly to his head. He growled slightly, he didn't want Scarlett's name brought up, or the means of their bond. She had saved him, treated him kindly. Had stood up for him, when the world was against him. So yes he had formed an attachment, but it hadn't been formed lightly and he still struggled with it slightly.

He stared at him, blankly for a moment. It was not just Tuwawi, that made him this way. It had been everything, Sinaaq, Tuwawi, Malachi, Tyrr, even Maera. All of them had made him into this. perhaps if we both tried. But you see that's the thing. I don't try, I just do.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Kove's ears were quick to pop up when he caught the sound of a growl, his eyes going to work to look over the boy's body right away. Had it been another male, he probably would have growled right back, but the one before him was just a boy. He let it slide as he saw no threats coming off his body, and sat himself down. A low sigh escaped him, but that was it. For a few seconds after the boy finished speaking, he simply sat and watched the boy, not saying anything. What could he say? The man was unsure what he would be able to say to that. If he didn't try and just did, then would that still be considered forcing something? The ghost was unsure, but didn't question it either.

“Do you not think it would be nice to try something, though?” he suggested. “Just this one time, it's all I'll ever ask of you. That, and that you continue to watch out for Scarlett.” He loved the pale woman, but even he would admit that she could be a bit too trusting at times. It was a dangerous place out there, and he didn't want to ever leave her unguarded when he would need to meet with Meldresi.
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok shifted under the other's perusal. Do you have to stare at me like that? I didn't know you were a homo on top of being stupid. Artok looked away from him, irritated and uncomfortable. He hated being stared at, it made him increasingly antsy. Which then made him angry, and he usually snapped at others.

Artok stood and shook his fur out, irritation clear in his movements. I'll look out for Miss Scarlett, but not for you. I'll do it, because she deserves it. As for the other stuff, I'll do it if you earn it. Otherwise, you can eat dung. Then he turned and limped away, hackles raised in irritation.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Last post from me. Thanks for the thread. :D

Honestly, Kove had not realized he was staring, nor did he think about whether or not it would make the boy uncomfortable. He quirked an eyebrow in response to what he said, but adverted his gaze after. The man wasn't one who would overreact if ever referred to as a homosexual, but the comment about being stupid annoyed him greatly. Despite that, the Inuit held his tongue. The last thing he needed was to stoop down to childish levels and play right into what he saw as the silver wolf's trap. Besides, arguing with a child over the level of his intelligence would be highly immature, and could probably get him into trouble if the whelp decided to tell Scarlett on him. He certainly didn't want that to happen.

Fair enough,” Kove said, disregarding the 'eat dung' part as he had when he'd been called stupid. “Guess I'll try to earn it, then.” The boy made it clear it would not be an easy task, which he was perfectly fine with. If all of life's problems came with a simple solution, then, well, it just wouldn't be life. He'd probably think something was up if the task was made to seem easy, too, as gaining the trust of another wasn't usually an easy task. It was simple enough to take advantage of, say, a captive who wished to return home, but the same could not be done to a member of his pack—especially when the boy was so close to the one he loved. So, with a careful gaze, he watched the smaller male limp away, then released a low sigh once the distance between them was great enough. Turning, he headed away in the opposite direction, not wishing to come off as he aimed to follow the kid.