Redhawk Caldera gave her my heart but she took my soul.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
oh maybe an @Elwood can come play? :3

Fin felt drunk.  Not that she really had any idea what drunk was, but if she had, she would have been quite positive that she felt drunk.  After awakening quite abruptly from yet another nightmare involving ice and blue eyes and drowning (a phenomenon that seemed to be happening more and more lately), she decided to wander out into the Caldera.  It was a nice evening - warm but not overwhelmingly so, twilight drenching the gentle slopes.  Just lovely, especially with the hazy filter Fin's oddly slow brain was casting upon the land.

After wandering aimlessly for about thirty minutes, Finley paused to glare at the ground.  With a moody grumble, she slapped a particularly "haughty" looking blade of grass with her forepaw.  One slap soon turned into two, and then three, and then five, and then thirty.  Before she knew it, she was digging furiously in the beautifully setting sun without a clue in the world as to why she was so blissfully mad at the ground, but nonetheless quite mad indeed, in every sense of the word.

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Things in Elwood's world had been returned to relative normalcy. Finley had ceased her wandering for the time being and was no longer feeling ill -- in fact, she was the exact opposite of sick. Her appetite had come back in full force, and Elwood had taken to providing her with fresh catches each day in order to avoid depleting the nearby caches. Their relationship was still far from average, but he was happy with the status quo.

He had just finished a rather boring patrol of the borders and decided that he would hunt down a meal for Finley. Before he could properly track anything, however, he came across her scent; and of course, he had to follow it. He snuffled along with his nose to the ground for a short while, and then paused and pricked his ears. There was a churning sound ahead, and as he crept closer, he was rewarded with a view of his lady lover's bum as she dug at the earth with her forepaws.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked, coming to a halt next to her and peering down into the little hole she had created. If she continued with such ferocity, it wouldn't be long before she came out on the other side of the earth.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Though Fin had begun the exercise with a fever of inexplicable frustration, the moment Elwood's voice distracted her, all distress was gone and replaced with happy.  (HOLY CRAP I THINK THERE'S AN ORIOLE OUTSIDE MY WINDOW!! - sorry, got excited)

Where was I?

Finley regarded her friendboy with an affectionate smile and a wag of her tail.  "I was creating a trap," she decided to insist even though that hadn't at all been her intention, "I figure if I dig a big enough hole and cover it up with sticks and leaves, I can trick Tiger into falling into it.  Then I can laugh at her."  The Blackthorn gave a playful cackle then before leaning over to place a series of tiny kisses along Elwood's jaw.  "What're you up to?" she asked.

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Finley's story was convincing enough that Elwood instantly thought it was true. He didn't realize that she had simply come up with the excuse off the cuff -- and, besides, from what he knew of her relationship with Tiger, this seemed like a totally feasible thing for her to be doing. What sister didn't want to dig a hole and make a trap for her sibling to fall into?

"You're a crafty little thing, aren't you?" he teased, bumping her shoulder with his own and then leaning into the kisses that she feathered along his neck. When he withdrew, she asked what he had been doing and he shrugged. "I was looking for you, of course. And now I'm going to help you build a Tiger trap," he replied cheerfully. Truthfully, it didn't matter what they were doing, as long as they were together (d'awww).
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Finley snickered appreciatively at Elwood's comment.  "I do like to think so, yes," she replied with a grin.  Though it hadn't actually been her intention to dig a hole to trap her sister in, she was now quite taken with the idea.  With any luck, she wouldn't accidentally capture someone important like... Fox or... Pantaleimon.  Not that Finley really knew Pan well enough to not want to catch him in a hole.  She just really didn't want to humiliate him any further than she already had.

"Awh how sweet!" Fin chirped, planting nothing kiss across the bridge of his nose, "This'll be perfect - now when someone gets trapped and is all pissed off, I can honestly tell them it was you!"  Which was of course what she always did, but it was nice to have it be true for once.

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood laughed. "I'd be happy to take the fall for you," he promised with a wink, though he thought that Tiger would probably be wise to her sister's game. Either way, it would be hilarious if Finley actually managed to catch someone with her makeshift trap -- unless that someone got hurt. She probably hadn't thought about those repercussions, but Elwood shrugged them off. If there was one thing he had learned from his girlfriend, it was how to go with the flow. He still needed some practice with that trait, but she was an excellent teacher.

"Okay, so," he said, padding away from her and circling around the other side of the hole. It wasn't very big yet -- she had made progress with the depth, but it wasn't nearly broad enough to fit a whole wolf inside. Maybe just Tiger's leg, at this point. "I'll help you dig it out a little more, then we can look for some leaves and sticks to put across the top," he suggested, beginning to pull at the dirt with his forepaws even as he spoke.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Finley snickered at Elwood's response to her devious plan.  "You're such a prince," she told him with a flirty bat of her eyelashes, which made her feel just as silly as she'd intended for it to be.  He was quite the knight in shining armor, in all actuality.  Always sweeping in to take care of her whenever she needed him.  Always doing anything and everything she asked.

She smiled broadly as he set to work, explaining his plan of action.  "That sounds perfect!" Fin replied with a wag of her tail.  Instead of stepping forward to assist him in the digging, she decided to sit back and just watch him.  She was actually perfectly willing to help, but she wanted to see how long it took him to notice that she'd left him with all the work.

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Dutifully, he began to dig, focusing his attention on the task at hand for the first few seconds. It didn't take him long to notice that he was the only one working, however, and he soon settled back onto his haunches with a quirk of his eyebrow and a plaintive, "Hey now!" He may have been her prince, but that didn't mean he had to do all the work...or did it?!

"You can't just mastermind an idea and then make me do the manual labor," he protested, taking to his paws and stepping around the circumference towards Finley. He lowered his head, ears pressing forward as though he was about to attack -- although the grin on his face revealed just what sort of assault he was going to launch. "You better help me...or else," he threatened with a predatory twitch of his tail.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin's mouth dropped open as he tossed an accusatory Hey now! at her.  She whisked her tail about as he spoke, canting her head with an angelic smile that somehow came off as even more devious than her normal expression.  When he lowered his head, her ears perked and she narrowed her eyes.  "Hey now back at ya!" she quipped as her muscles tensed in preparation for whatever attack he had in store for her.

"And besides - why not!" Finley retorted with a cheeky grin, "I feel like I already did my part by coming up with the plot.  Besides, what evil genius does all the dirty work themselves?  That's obviously what you minions are for."  She stuck her tongue out teasingly at him.

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
He raised an eyebrow as Finley explained the logic behind her lack of assistance. She did have a good point, but that just wouldn't do. His grin slowly grew and he kneaded the ground with his forepaws, readying himself to pounce. "Well, this minion is about to start a revolt," he said, and then he leaped towards her.

Instead of tackling her, he landed deftly on his feet directly in front of her. He remained in a play bow position for a moment, then straightened so that his muzzle brushed against her chest and neck. Then, he started to kiss and nibble rapidly, aiming for the sensitive -- and hopefully ticklish! -- spots beneath her jawline. His tail lashed the air behind him the whole time; had his paws not been securely rooted to the earth, he would have taken off like a helicopter.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Before Finley could protest her lover's revolt, he was launching his first attack.  Fin pounced backwards, lifting her forelegs up as though she was sitting pretty for a treat, but instead using them to bat at Elwood's face - Actually, just like when my dog sits pretty for a treat.  She quickly lost her balance and fell backwards as he pushed forward with his attack.  She wriggled beneath him, kicking her legs ineffectively against his sides.  She didn't exactly try too hard to escape him - after all, she'd always been quite the fan of him being on top of her, even before she'd been willing to admit it.  But then again, she was still Finley, and was not too big a fan of being defeated without even putting up a fight, and so with an arch of her back, she thrust up towards his face to wrap her arms tightly around his neck, twisting her muzzle so that she could bite at his cute little ears.

2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Dexter knows "sit up pretty" too! :P WE HAVE THE CUTEST DOGS.

She batted at his face playfully, earning a round of laughter from Elwood. When she toppled onto her back, he fell with her, catching himself with his forepaws in order to keep the full force of his weight off of her. He continued the onslaught of kisses even as she wrapped her legs around his neck and began attempting to nibble on his ears.

Rather than move away from her teeth, he turned his head so that it would be easier for her to be successful. He then started to wiggle out of her grasp, eventually slipping away and taking a few bounding steps that put some distance between them. "Come and get me!" he teased with a shake of his rump.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
I'ma close this up so we can has new fat Fin thread :D  I just have to figure out where/when Fin finds out about Tiger so I can write appropriately ;_;

Elwood moved in to accept his punishment and Finley gave it eagerly, clasping his ear in her teeth and tugging until she lost her grip, then starting all over again.  When he broke away, she rolled quickly onto her belly to watch him.  She wagged her tail as he wriggled his bum for her and dared her to come after him.  She was well aware of where this kind of game usually ended and couldn't deny that her interest in such an event had been piqued.  With a sultry glare, she hopped up and gave chase.

When eventually their coupling ended, the pair would return to finish the trap which - coincidentally enough - would eventually succeed in catching a Tiger by its toe, even though that hadn't exactly been the real reason for its initial creation.  But for now, I leave you with a happy picture of Finwood doing what Finwood does best - quibbling, playing, and then boinking.  The end!