Redhawk Caldera knock three times
143 Posts
Ooc —
@Finley

Tiger limped toward the trail of her sister. After hearing the news of, well, the baby, Tiger wanted to see her before she went on her second trip to the Plateau. Maybe they'd help her figure out why she couldn't put weight on her leg, since nothing was broken. But first she wanted to assure Finley that she'd be there for her throughout the process and wouldn't dig a hole for her til the baby popped out. And, her leg/ankle healed.

So the Blackthorn continued on her way, weaving around some trees and hoping that her sister would just pop up.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Ever since the happy couple had shared the news of their impending litter with the alpha, Fin had told herself again and again that she needed to hunt her sister down and let her know.  She really did want to be the first to tell her, but Elwood had sheepishly admitted that he'd already stolen that honor from her.  He'd also informed her that they'd actually caught a Tiger in the trap they'd built, and that she'd hurt her ankle and probably wasn't getting around all too well, meaning again, Fin really, really needed to go see her.

But, instead, Finley did want she'd grown rather fond of doing in the days following her discovery that she was still pregnant.  She had definitely gained weight - and quickly too.  She was not nearly as large as Fox had been, which Finley figured meant her litter would be much smaller.  Two, maybe.. If she was lucky.  Nevertheless, however many were in there, it/they were a feisty one/bunch.  So Fin spent her time lying with her head tucked against her swollen belly, just giggling as the future kickboxer gave her its best shot.

It was this that she was doing when she caught the scent of Tiger.  She was lying just outside of the new den she and Elwood had picked out.  Fin lifted her head, searching between the trees for a glimpse of white that meant her sister truly was nearby.  With no luck, she did the wolfy thing, tilted her head back and gave a short howl to give away her location to her fellow Blackthorn.

143 Posts
Ooc —
Hearing her sister howl, Tiger galloped toward the direction the BFF (big fluffy Finley) as best she could. Her gallop was less of a gallop, more of a broken walk-run-walk given her injured ankle. Her excitement got the better of her and she fell multiple times throughout the process, and then decided to walk the rest of the distance and put no weight at all on the sprained ankle.

Tiger saw her sister, and her ears flattened for a mere second, cupping backward as she approached. "A baby!!!" she hums excitedly, "A real baby! I'm gunna be an Aunt!!!!!!" Her excitement flowed from her mouth like a river, bubbling over as her hum ended.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
It didn't take Tiger too long to find her.  A smile broke across her muzzle when she spotted her sister limping towards her (though the limping bit did cause a twinge of guilt).  She tilted her head back to scratch at an itch just behind her ear as Tiger finished closing the distance between them.

Her sister's comment made her laugh.  Instead of responding right away, Fin patted a paw on the ground to indicate to her that she should make herself comfortable.  She certainly wasn't going to be moving around at all, not with the billion million babies in her belly.  "Oh, didn't Elwood tell you?" Fin replied, setting a serious expression upon her face, "We're actually having a fake baby.  In a few weeks, I'm just going to grab a pinecone and use it as a practice kid."

143 Posts
Ooc —
Tiger did in fact take a seat and relax, tilting her head head as her sister spoke. "Well, if that's the case, you're an aunt of twenty." Tiger loved pine-cones, and although she hadn't yet taken pinecones into her arms to keep... well, still! "I mean, they're all... around somewhere..." Tiger was perfectly aware she'd make a bad mom. At least, at this point in her life. The brood of Perry's she adored, but to have sole responsibility of however many babies... she didn't know how any parent could do it.

"Are you gonna name the pinecone after me?" She asked, her own expression totally serious. "It's the only guarantee you'll have a cool pinecone, Frog. Otherwise... it's all up in the air."
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin snorted with laughter.  She had forgotten Tiger's affection for the weird, scratchy tree poops.  Fin enjoyed them just as something to smack around and chase after very once in a while, but she rather preferred doing that to a live creature that could smack back.  Pinecones could only bite back with their rough, pointy edges, and they only did that when you put them in your mouth.  No fun at all, really.

"Name one after you?" Fin repeated, quirking a brow, "Which name would you prefer I call my child: Shitbrains, Fuckbutt or Vagface?"  She gave her sister an evil grin then, her tail wagging.  In truth, Fin had always been jealous of her sister's name.  Both of them, actually.  Tiger was just plain cool and Caoilfhionn was just plain pretty.  Way better than Finley anyway.

143 Posts
Ooc —
Tiger frowned at her sisters words. "The hell? Those are your names. Don't spin your well-earned nicknames onto me," she huffed, tossing her head upward self-righteously. There was a grin there, however, and the injured party crawled nearer to her sister. "So anyway, seriously, you're gonna be a mom. What are you thinking? How are you feeling? What's it feel like?" Tell me everything, her face read.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin gave her sister a mocking glare as she insisted that the slanderous nicknames she'd given actually belonged to her.  She didn't intend to argue - she knew it would just end up in a long, drawn-out name-calling contest.  Those were always fun of course, but the sisters had far more important things to discuss.

"I feel like... like..." Fin started, pausing as she struggled to really find the right words, "I feel like I'm a fat-ass, crazy-as-fuck nutjob."  That about summed it up.  "I'm either so exhausted I could just dissolve into the ground or I'm so freaking restless that at any second, I could just whirl up into a hurricane and destroy the whole Caldera" she explained, poorly, "I'm either starving to death or puking my lungs out.  I'm either so happy I could cry or I'm so sad that I'm.. crying.  It's awful, it's like.. there's no middle ground when you're pregnant; it's one extreme or the other.  And the extremes are more extreme than anything I've ever known.  It sucks.  But it's kinda cool and exciting.  But also terrible"

Tiger stared at her for a moment, surprised and overwhelmed by Fin's response and not altogether certain how to respond. But then all at once, they both began to laugh in a way that only sisters could when the level of awkward got so high. Conversation flowed easily from there as the pair discussed Finley's impending brood and all of the fun they would never get to have with their beloved Aunt Tiger.