Stavanger Bay the funeral of my innocence
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Any other time, Charon might've given Spectra some sort of imaginary award or cool non-existant prize, but right now his mind was still with the very real monster at Dawnlark Plains. Lately Charon had done some mandatory growing up, and though he retained his thirst for adventures and making up stories, he had realised that not all real life stories had happy endings and that some monsters couldn't be imagined away.

It was good to hear that Spectra liked being in the pack. Charon rarely asked how others were, usually very self-centered like most children, but Spectra was alright, and she'd taught him the beginnings of swimming, so he owed her. "Good," he said, before listening to Spectra ask him about war. Charon's ears folded back as he thought of how he had run to Duskfire Glacier and about the lies Blythe had told him, and he considered what parts of it he would tell to Spectra.

"Well, you probably noticed that I was gone for a few days and that everyone was very worried," Charon said, and he left a brief pause in which he looked at Spectra's face to read whether or not she had noticed his absence -- and the worry in her pack mates. "There was a wolf called Blythe, who's white with a black head and not super big, in case you ever meet her, and she's a mean liar. She told me lies about how Duskfire Glacier had Kevlyn, my lost brother, and I wanted to find him so that Levi would feel better again, 'cause Levi really misses him even though it's been forever since he got lost." As was usual in children, Charon drifted off in his story, adding details and trailing off at times. "So anyway, apparently Duskfire Glacier didn't take Kevlyn, so Blythe was just lying all along! And then Scarlett from Duskfire Glacier told me that someone told Duskfire Glacier about how Stavanger Bay took one of their pups! So I bet it was Blythe all along, who told them that we did stuff that we didn't do. Though I don't think Duskfire Glacier came to the Bay yet, so maybe they knew that Blythe was lying all along! But I dunno, I only spoke to Duskfire wolves who believed the lie."

Charon looked inquisitively at Spectra. "What do you think?"
Messages In This Thread
the funeral of my innocence - by Charon - March 05, 2015, 08:10 PM
RE: the funeral of my innocence - by Spectra - March 11, 2015, 01:20 PM
RE: the funeral of my innocence - by Charon - March 11, 2015, 06:15 PM
RE: the funeral of my innocence - by Spectra - March 12, 2015, 01:39 PM
RE: the funeral of my innocence - by Charon - March 13, 2015, 11:33 AM
RE: the funeral of my innocence - by Spectra - March 21, 2015, 01:49 PM
RE: the funeral of my innocence - by Charon - March 21, 2015, 07:42 PM