Northstar Vale white clover
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
In light of his question, she was silent a beat. There was no easy answer, especially since he cut to an unexpected point. First she felt vaguely suspicious -- the kneejerk response to questions like these, but a second to think had her aligning better thoughts, and she drew a deep breath. "Mm, well, when you put it like that, I can admit there could always be more.. but I would not venture to call it being unhappy. However, I never know if there is a more somewhere or sometime.. for I truly have a great many things and they have come easily." She found herself shifting her weight.

She never had to work excessively hard to maintain the mountain. It was relatively self-sufficient and no one had ever risen to challenge her. She'd fallen into the role when there was a vacancy about a year ago and that had been the end of it. Amekaze had done what she'd wanted since, which was admittedly (selfishly) one of her favorite aspects of leading. No one could tell her otherwise, for she generally did as she pleased. Of course, it was not as careless as living as a loner for she truly cared deeply for her tiny circle of comrades time had brought her.

But there were pieces missing. She made for a fitting enough alpha, she supposed, but always, she wanted a greater balance to her lead. She with her penchant to roam at random and reclusive habits, sometimes this did reflect. Her wolves were not tightly-knit because she did not exhaust the efforts in forcing them (a group of introverted personalities, no less) together all the time -- and she had no interest in it oftentimes, to be frank. She was often alone herself, especially recently. Jace was quiet and distant, Rain often out in the wilds, and several of her other close relationships had gone away. Sometimes she wished it could be more.. to strengthen their bonds and the pack as a whole. She had been feeling the burn of it most in the aftermath of some departures.. and perhaps why his question had struck her as it had.

The Sunspire had never necessarily meant to be her endgame.. or she had certainly never thought of it as such. First she'd considered going back to the homeland, then Ferdie's absence threw her into a role like this, and now here she remained because she liked the Teekon; it suited her. Distant ideals involved a mountain, always, but was it that mountain? "Has this been on your mind lately?" she questioned back.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
white clover - by Amekaze - August 14, 2015, 01:54 AM
RE: white clover - by Dante RIP - August 19, 2015, 07:19 AM
RE: white clover - by Amekaze - August 19, 2015, 10:06 PM
RE: white clover - by Dante RIP - August 21, 2015, 10:33 AM
RE: white clover - by Amekaze - August 23, 2015, 07:22 PM
RE: white clover - by Dante RIP - August 27, 2015, 07:06 AM
RE: white clover - by Amekaze - August 31, 2015, 09:06 PM
RE: white clover - by Dante RIP - September 02, 2015, 09:15 AM
RE: white clover - by Amekaze - September 02, 2015, 05:01 PM