The Sunspire the veil lifted
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She left her expectations open, since there was no telling what this could entail, and settled her haunches to the earth near him. He began, and his observation was correct. She nodded slowly. They were small, there was no doubt about this. She had a small handful of wolves at her disposal and they were a distant group as well.. and she while she did what she could to pull them together, but it was difficult. There was still a small group of very trustworthy wolves here but she was their only leader.. something that did not necessarily sit well with her, especially with few candidates. She'd considered bringing the idea of beta up to Rain, but she feared it would crimp the traveling female's interests significantly. Amekaze had wished to see Jace rise back into the role, or perhaps even more, but he still was distant and probably not in a mindset in which more responsibility appealed.

He spoke on, revealing that the Bay was small and that he was one of its leaders -- very interesting anecdotes both, but he had asked about the winter, so she considered that first. "I have considered it," she began. It was part of her job, after all. "And while we have never been a large pack, it is already difficult to rally together wolves for a good hunt." This was most worrisome and while she was used to them being small, they had been a better-supported group before. "Few visit here, even fewer are worthy joiners, and hardly any that are stay for any span of time. The mountain provides still, of course, but it makes me restless," she exhaled and squeezed her eyes shut for a second. "It has me feeling like searching for something I do not know of, let alone know how to find." Hearing it, or saying it herself, definitely did not make her feel any better. The recent conversation with Dante had brought this to the forefront of her thoughts, and now, here it was again for her to revisit.

Anyway. "And what about the Bay? What do your fellow leaders think?" If he had any idea of it, that was. He had implied there were others, but how many or who they were was largely unknown. Besides now knowing that they were small, she was very out of the loop with them and their wolves, so she wanted to hear more before she allowed herself to think too far ahead. She saw the glimmer of potential in this, as unexpected as it may have seemed at a glance.. but needed more details to chew on first.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
the veil lifted - by Charon - September 11, 2015, 01:51 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Amekaze - September 12, 2015, 01:17 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Charon - September 12, 2015, 09:50 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Amekaze - September 13, 2015, 02:35 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Charon - September 13, 2015, 03:43 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Amekaze - September 13, 2015, 08:22 PM
RE: the veil lifted - by Charon - September 14, 2015, 03:28 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Amekaze - September 14, 2015, 04:03 AM
RE: the veil lifted - by Charon - September 14, 2015, 06:29 AM