Moonspear the dragon's back rent asunder
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She hummed thoughtfully after he did indeed confirm with his answer, and she found that she couldn't disagree. If it had not been for the locust swarm, she knew she'd be far more warm to the idea of right now too. While it was the idea of mothering, precisely, that had her a little less cozy, she knew it was what the mountain deserved and high time she upheld that aspect of alphaship. She wanted to see the Spear foster a growth all of its own from within, and Charon's interest in it was vaguely encouraging.

After all, in the end the Sunspire had faded with nothing to show for it perhaps largely in part due to never being able to truly grow from within. Ferdie may have once tried, but he had never stayed long enough to make it so. She, of course, had never taken steps towards it either. Nothing had been just right then -- from the environment to the male contributors alike and frankly, she was fine with it never having happened there. However, Moonspear had her feeling different about it right down to the bone.

She licked her lips and took a beat to consider his question. It was a curious rush to consider this, suddenly. "Not.. strictly. It was typical for my clan to have two names. I suppose like a middle name, but sometimes interchangeable -- so I could see myself honoring that if it worked," she explained. "My siblings were all named in part for weather-related events, and a surname that was ours first, an original for the mountain we were born on.. so we definitely did not have customs set in stone," she detailed. Her mother and father both had started new traditions in their respective times, probably even some that she did not know about anymore, so it did not feel appropriate to adhere strictly or entirely to anything if it did not end up fitting. This was theirs to shape, but an influence here and there from both sides was what she wanted to see. "What about yours? Or if not your family.. anything you want to uphold?" she asked. Had he put much thought in this yet?
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
the dragon's back rent asunder - by Amekaze - May 10, 2016, 08:48 PM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Charon - May 20, 2016, 03:42 PM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Amekaze - May 24, 2016, 02:00 AM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Charon - May 24, 2016, 03:37 AM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Amekaze - May 24, 2016, 01:42 PM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Charon - May 29, 2016, 04:11 AM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Amekaze - May 30, 2016, 04:44 AM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Charon - June 01, 2016, 02:06 AM
RE: the dragon's back rent asunder - by Amekaze - June 02, 2016, 01:26 AM