Ravensblood Forest and now the papers are talking about sedition, and revolution
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive was tingling. It was a meeting - of the family! The family that she was a valued member of, and that felt good. The desire for a family had lay latent within her for quite a while when she traveled alone, but recently awoke with incredible strength.  A wolf like Olive craved the comforts of a group, the strategy… the innate together-ness of it all. They seven of them were just insignificant presences among the incredible macrocosm of existence, just struggling through life together. Together. Her initial reservations about joining a pack melted away weeks ago; Destiny had come to meet her.  She figured that she could either embrace it, or turn away. 

So when Arturo her Ceannasach loosed a howl for a family meeting, the multicolored pixie answered the call as fast as her dainty, cream feet would take her.  She wasn’t the first to arrive, however. The femme sat on the ground as Ceannasach began to speak, listening with the heartiest intent. 

First order of business: Mates! Olive huffed with happiness towards the couple, grinning excitedly. Love, one of the best things life had to offer. Love lit the hearts of wolves and lifted them to a different plane of existence. It was truly fabulous news, but she would have to congratulate Palisandar and his mate afterwards… Arturo had moved onto news about Chusi and Furiosa.

The topic quickly segued to that of breeding rights. It was an important, strict aspect of having a pack that Olive was still in the process of accepting. It felt strange to have another [in addition to the couple] so involved in one of life’s most intimate decisions. Olive figured that she could just store this in her memory for now, as she was not planning on reproducing any time soon. She wasn’t ready for kids [not with so many interesting nooks and crannies of pack life for her to explore] and furthermore… she wasn’t part of the newly announced, mated pair. 

Then, the news of Aster came and Olive was immediately saddened. She visibly grimaced as she took in the news of Aster’s leave. Olive had become quite fond of the white woman. They bonded in Ravensblood Forest [as unintentionally she spun Eden’s tale] and made the same promises to the family. Teaghlaigh. Olive fondly remembered howling with the family, beautifully willing Teaghlaigh into existence [with Aster close by her side]. Olive figured that this [betrayal] was another one of those negative aspects of pack life she would have to come to accept. The more you care for another, the more power you give them to hurt you. 

Olive swallowed her emotions and lifted her head; Arturo wanted their opinions on this situation. So far, they were 3/3… banish her. Olive agreed. 

“I…” She stammered at first, finding it difficult to mask her emotional gut reaction. “I… agree. They speak pure satya… pure truth.” She gestured to Chusi, Palisandar and Isley, using a foreign word she learned from her mother. “We’re too new of a state to forgive this type of action. She no longer had a place among our trust…my trust, at least.” She turned her green eyes back to Arturo, alive with conviction. “I am a believer in cosmic karma and I don’t want the family to be near when it strikes.”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: and now the papers are talking about sedition, and revolution - by Olive - November 06, 2016, 06:16 PM