Wapun Meadow want to fly to a place where it's just you and me - nobody else so we can be free
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra's brow pulled into a conflicted scowl. she dared go no further. skwol's frame looked anguished, bent -- his muzzle turned away from her and the almost-cowering of his tense body alarmed her. the harshness of his voice and the strident manner in which he insisted she quit his company was met with a darkened scowl.

she need not be reminded twice about their last encounter, where he had acted most uncharacteristic -- perhaps this was the real him, not the wolf that had trotted behind her with the bird?

drawing a loud and reluctant sigh indra stepped back. "fine." she issued with resignation, somewhat hurt anew by his coldness. it chilled her and she felt a strange sinking sensation in her stomach. "you're right." she added immaturely, expelling a sigh before she turned away from him and made for home. she was hurt by his odd behavior - she was hurt he had lunged at laurel -- and now she was hurt he had rejected her attempts to help him.

she didn't understand anything - not him, not xan, not that mute wolf - her life felt like it was going spiraling out of her control. why had skwol been acting so weird, when he had seen so normal on the slopes the first time she met him? what had changed? darkly she wondered if it was something wrong with her -- was her company that untenable that it compelled all to react violently to it?

before she knew it her legs were pounding against the frozen ground in a rapid gallop, and a flush of uncontrollable frustration heated her face. her eyes stung. she would not cry. she would not cry. she would not cry.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread