Fox's Glade that’s just the waves slamming against the topsides’ sound
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
the name wasn't familiar to indra and she offered a pained smile in response as she spoke. "i didn't get his name, sorry." perhaps it had been her own fault, to not press the distraught male for his name -- at the time, it had not seemed as important as the fact there was a band of malignant wolves at bearclaw's doorsteps. indra regretted not having the foresight to ask, but hindsight was 20/20 -- and this binch had a fair amount of hindsight collecting up in her wake.

indra did not even hide the flare of amusement that twinged her features at maegi's next question - could it be called amusement? it was wry, it was sad in its own way, perhaps a little proud -- if only because it was the very same thing she would have asked.

"you can't." she answered simply -- honestly. the baldness of her voice, the transparent roll of her shoulder -- all of it transferred into a contrite expression that clung to her muzzle. "you can't trust anybody, but yourself." she had learned that the hard way, and had earned the loss of a tail for it. never again.

"you can take chances, you can see for yourself -- but i can't tell you you can trust me, or my pack. things could change. you have to go with your gut." not exactly the most convincing at enabling strangers to come home with her, was she?
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
RE: that’s just the waves slamming against the topsides’ sound - by Indra - April 25, 2018, 07:20 PM