Lost Creek Hollow no time to think, time to sleep now
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
funny how it was children — not the more world-savvy adults — who were often the first to notice when something was not quite right. perhaps it was because children approached the world with a wide-seeing naïveté; their eyes might be the eyes of innocence, but they often noticed inconsistencies in the fabric of their world that adults would often rationalize out of mind.

indra gave marten an appreciative smile, her eyes falling to the makeshift den for Rupert. she wondered if the toad was even intelligent— did he, like her children, realize his entire life had just been uprooted?

she bent down, giving sweet marten a gentle lick on his forehead. he was such a sensitive and kind boy (nothing like his parents, thought indra bitterly — but she was wrong — his parents were both tender and kind, in their own way). i am just tired, is all. indra did not want to lie to marten - she remembered how it had destroyed her as a cub when she had discovered her own parents’ dishonesty. she would never do that to her kids. some bad things happened, marten - but i think we will be okay. how are you — and rupert— settling?
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
no time to think, time to sleep now - by Indra - November 04, 2018, 05:25 PM
RE: no time to think, time to sleep now - by Marten - November 04, 2018, 07:11 PM
RE: no time to think, time to sleep now - by Indra - November 06, 2018, 09:24 AM
RE: no time to think, time to sleep now - by Marten - November 06, 2018, 11:01 AM
RE: no time to think, time to sleep now - by Indra - November 09, 2018, 11:28 AM