Guidebook expansion?
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
I just wanted to throw in a response since I know the Cms are busy with the holiday <3

We did use to have a much more comprehensive guidebook in terms of character creation - so you are probably seeing the vestigial remnants of that referenced.

Over time some parts of the Guidebook, especially the parts that limited a lot of player creativity, were taken out - I believe this was player driven. The CMs can correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that the more limiting parts of the GB were removed because they wanted to foster a less strict and controlling, more forgiving atmosphere. CM (and players) wanted a casual game so a lot of the more hardcore rules got revised to reflect that.

As it stands now, any species native to our setting is allowed. I believe there is actually an exhaustive list linked, for the wild faunas (which is region specific) -- but for the sake of character diversity I believe any NA species of wolf or coyote is allowed.

I do love the idea of a nice off-site reference for canine behavior though, and I don't think that is a bad idea to add at all! If you guys have any resources you'd like to see included somewhere in the GB, I think that's something that could easily be added in - you can PM or DM me any time and I can add!

As far as height and weight limits go.. the CMs historically do not actively police that in already active characters - but during account approval, if there is a character that exceeds the realistic morphology of the species, we have denied them in the past. I think the understanding is, that CMs trust the player-base to decide height/weight within reason. Most players don't include height and weight in their profiles, and disputes over size difference[s] in fights are thankfully few and far in between.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
Guidebook expansion? - by Stigmata - November 22, 2018, 01:06 PM
RE: Guidebook expansion? - by Seabreeze - November 22, 2018, 01:08 PM
RE: Guidebook expansion? - by Rosencrantz - November 22, 2018, 01:13 PM
RE: Guidebook expansion? - by Indra - November 23, 2018, 02:23 PM
RE: Guidebook expansion? - by Stigmata - November 23, 2018, 03:09 PM
RE: Guidebook expansion? - by Rosalyn - November 23, 2018, 03:57 PM
RE: Guidebook expansion? - by Tux - November 25, 2018, 05:26 PM