Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,119 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Oh, no, uh, nothing, he muttered. I thought maybe you'd -- anyway, it doesn't matter. Eljay was such a tease sometimes, and while he realised that he was, the answer to the question was really dumb, so he'd rather Kite think he was a tease than dumb, for the moment. Maybe if she pressed harder he'd cave.

Eljay frowned, a look of guilt and pain in his eyes when Kite said that he was their sitter. I'm sorry, he blurted instantly, his words heartfelt though hasty. He found it really hard to answer her 'how come', because truthfully, he didn't know. All he knew was that the thought of losing Wildfire after she had only just returned to Redhawk territory was terrible, and also he really disliked the Plateau (but he wouldn't tell Kite that, because she still lived there). Wildfire's been my friend forever. I didn't want to... I didn't want to lose her again, he tried to explain, though he figured that it would be pretty hard for Kite to wrap her head around.

Of course I'll visit! he was quick to say, and he smiled briefly, a glimmer of hope that Kite wouldn't totally hate him for leaving. You'll always be my pups -- I mean, my - ah... Eljay tried to find a different word than 'my pups', because that sounded like he was their actual father, but although he had felt more strongly towards them than any of his baby siblings or other pups he had watched, it seemed inappropriate to use a word with such suggestion. But what else were they? Was there such a thing as a puppysittee, or a word for it? Eljay drew a blank.
Messages In This Thread
i will go - by Eljay - January 09, 2019, 09:53 AM
RE: i will go - by Kite - January 10, 2019, 10:30 AM
RE: i will go - by Eljay - January 15, 2019, 10:31 AM
RE: i will go - by Kite - January 18, 2019, 07:20 AM
RE: i will go - by Eljay - January 22, 2019, 09:50 AM
RE: i will go - by Kite - January 25, 2019, 07:23 AM
RE: i will go - by Eljay - January 25, 2019, 02:38 PM
RE: i will go - by Kite - March 19, 2019, 05:51 PM
RE: i will go - by Eljay - April 05, 2019, 07:31 AM