Hideaway Strath Shriek.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Ruenna slowly let out the breath she had been holding, relieved that whatever vexed Towhee seemed unrelated to Rue's summons. The champagne lady nodded, and her nervous tail-twitch relaxed into an amiable wag. 

"Certainly. Rue works," she agreed, surprised but by no means offended. Rue was what she called herself in her own mind, although she never introduced herself as such. Until now only her close friends-- namely Liri and Soltero-- used the nickname, but Rue had no problem adding Towhee to that list. 

"I came to these lands after dispersing from my natal pack, Red Fern Grove." Rue's dispersal had been far less voluntary than what she was implying, but she wasn't yet ready to share the sordid details surrounding her departure from Red Fern Grove. 

"I spent the last year following Liri Blackfoot and her mate. We lived in different locations and packs around the Sunspire mountain range." Again, a lot of details were being glossed over here, but Rue was not a woman of many words. She inhaled, steadying herself for the next part of the story.

"There.. there was an accident with Liri at the beginning of the summer. She fell and sustained a concussion." Rue swallowed, expression darkening. "She is able to care for herself, but she is no longer the leader nor the friend I know. It's as if our year together was erased completely from her mind." Rue's brow knit as she spoke, her pain tightening her features further. 

Another breath in. Rue shook her head almost imperceptibly, as if to fling the sadness from her countenance. "I came south to restart, I suppose. These wild lands remind me of the place I grew up, and.. and I hope this can be home for me." 

Rue nodded again as she finished, pausing in case Towhee had any questions about Rue's very brief synopsis. If not, Rue was curious to hear more about Towhee's background if she was willing to share.
Messages In This Thread
Shriek. - by Towhee - June 14, 2019, 11:01 AM
RE: Shriek. - by Ruenna - June 14, 2019, 11:39 AM
RE: Shriek. - by Towhee - June 14, 2019, 01:13 PM
RE: Shriek. - by Ruenna - June 14, 2019, 02:47 PM
RE: Shriek. - by Towhee - June 15, 2019, 05:17 PM
RE: Shriek. - by Ruenna - June 16, 2019, 09:32 AM
RE: Shriek. - by Towhee - June 16, 2019, 10:55 AM
RE: Shriek. - by Ruenna - June 18, 2019, 09:48 AM
RE: Shriek. - by Towhee - June 18, 2019, 09:58 AM
RE: Shriek. - by Ruenna - June 18, 2019, 10:44 AM
RE: Shriek. - by Towhee - June 18, 2019, 09:52 PM