Separation of Pack and Disco?
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
I know you already know this -- but I want to to repeat this for the people in the back:

There is definitely no obligation to be participate in Discord, even if you are a PM. Discord will always be voluntary, never mandatory. It is in no way meant to replace the MO forum, nor are PMs required to be involved.

If PMs want to see their MOs utilized more often, I suggest putting a blurb in the MO forum about prioritizing communication in the MO Forum over Discord. In addition, maybe in the Discord pack channel (or asking someone in the Discord channel to do so if you are not part of it) to give people a heads up communication should be done in MO forums only. If you tag me, I can pin these messages for you, or edit the channel description with that heads' up. That should help mitigate traffic-flow to the desired forum. :)

We have a few channels where this preference is already the case.

That being said, I'll let the others weigh in about whether or not a channel can be removed. As it stands, I'd prefer to keep channels up even if they are not used actively; the channels provide players with 'roles' that are helpful for knowing who is who, and what packs they are in.  It also gives accurate feedback on Discord of all the packs available, similar to the pack stats on forum.

Even if the channel is not actively used, or even if the players have an off-server server for their packs, I think having all packs accurately reflected on the Discord makes it seem less exclusionary.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
Separation of Pack and Disco? - by Anansi - July 07, 2019, 10:28 AM
RE: Separation of Pack and Disco? - by Indra - July 07, 2019, 10:45 AM
RE: Separation of Pack and Disco? - by Rosalyn - July 07, 2019, 11:27 AM
RE: Separation of Pack and Disco? - by Maegi - July 07, 2019, 03:47 PM
RE: Separation of Pack and Disco? - by Towhee - July 07, 2019, 04:00 PM