Whitefish River You're a catalyst to your happiness you know
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Acheron's anger hurt, even if it was warranted and his question completely reasonable. She hadn't been sure what exactly to expect once she told them the truth but honestly, it would have all hurt just the same. Spica's confusion hurt just as much because Speedy was the reason for it; she was the reason for all the discomfort she could read on her children, and she hated it. But she had promised herself she would tell them the truth when they were old enough; lying had got her into this mess, and she wasn't going to let it ruin things again. 

She drew in a deep breath and released it slowly. She turned to Spica first. Because, sweetie, not everyone deals with their anger in the correct way. They are angry with me for what I did. Your father is the alpha of the pack, and most of its members are his children. I betrayed them, and the only way I can ever make it right in their eyes is with my life and the life of the my children who they think shouldn't exist. It was harsh and blunt, but their questions needed proper answers without the sugar coating she usually applied to things. They have every right to be angry with me, but they do not have the right to make you pay for what I did. I want you to be aware so that you're never in that situation. 

She turned to Acheron then, offering him a sad smile. I'm sorry, sweetie. She said first, regret twisting her expression. I wanted to make sure you were old enough to really understand what this means for you. It was tough trying to decide when the right time was, and his reaction made her realize she may have waited a little too long. But how do you tell your children that someone wants them dead? And for something they had no control over? The whole thing brought up so many repressed feelings; she felt sick about it all over again. I just want you three to be careful while you're outside of pack borders. Never tell a stranger who I am; you never know who you might be talking to. Moonspear was only on the other side of the valley, and it would be incredibly idiotic of her to assume that they never made it over near Kaistleoki. The same goes for greeting strangers on the borders, she added, just in case. Then she was silent again, ready to answer any other questions they had.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You're a catalyst to your happiness you know - by Speedy - May 19, 2020, 01:26 PM