Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,140 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay's ears folded back and he leaned back a little when Fennec angrily burst out that she couldn't show them if they wouldn't let her. He hadn't meant to press on any sore spots. He felt the frustration, he knew all about it, but he didn't know how to show her that there was a way out; that over time, they'd grow to appreciate her efforts.

After the frustration was out, Fennec went on to explain what had happened. Niamh taking control after Eljay had left, apparently, saying that Fennec couldn't help. Eljay knew that he would've just done what the leader said, but he was strangely proud in some way that Fennec hadn't done that at all. That she tried to do what he said. That she listened to him, that she defied her leader and stepmother openly. At the same time he felt mildly guilty that she had got hurt for his sake.

It would help if you didn't want to keep it a secret. If they knew you are my apprentice, said Eljay. Fennec however wasn't done and said that Niamh didn't deserve all that she had, and then blurted out that she should've gone with Penn. Eljay frowned at that. Fennec was perhaps not his sibling -- actually, they weren't very closely related since Fennec grew up in another pack, and before Fennec had asked him to learn about being a medic Eljay had barely known her -- but to know that she wished she had left hurt in some way.

I... He considered how to choose his words. I hope I can change your mind on that thought. I'm glad you're here. Maybe it was because Fennec was tossed aside by Niamh like that, maybe because she too faced a lot of prejudice even if it was for different reasons. Maybe it was because he wanted to prove that she -- that anyone -- could become a good medic if they put forward the work. He hoped that his words wouldn't hit another nerve, and there was a light quiver in his voice that betrayed his nervousness when he otherwisely confidently said: I won't let anyone do something like that again when we work together. I promise.
Messages In This Thread
RE: And I'll hate myself for checking as if I don't know - by Eljay - September 22, 2020, 03:50 AM