Lion Head Mesa (ap) passim
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
"Don't stress yourself," Ruenna advised sympathetically, noting the anxiety in Crowfeather's voice. "I have been where you are. The memories will return on their own, in time." And if they didn't, at least he was safe and cared for, and he knew he had a loving guardian in Germanicus with whom he would make new memories. Good ones. 

After the words came out of her mouth, Ruenna realized that it might be small comfort to Crowfeather, hearing that Ruenna had once similarly been a patient receiving long-term care. It was quite obvious by Ruenna's limping gait that she had never recovered entirely, and that pain reverberated in every step she took. 

Both Crowfeather and Germanicus spoke of the stars, and Ruenna was reminded of Phox, who had loved to gaze at the nighttime sky. He had even channeled this passion into their culture in Asterism Grove, naming each of the ranks for different celestial phenomenon. 

There had been a window of time this year in which Ruenna thought that Phox would be the one with whom she would pursue a union. The Redfern's eyes searched for Germanicus's features, hidden in the shadows by the doorway. 

How quickly circumstances changed. 

"I will make sure to view the stars from atop the mesa, after the festivities die down." Perhaps she would even spend the night beneath the stars. Soon the weather would be too cold to permit such a luxury, so she ought to take advantage of these comparatively milder nights. "..And I will tell you all about it when I return." She smiled at Crowfeather, hoping this promise might bring him some peace as he rested.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Messages In This Thread
(ap) passim - by Germanicus - November 23, 2021, 07:53 PM
RE: (ap) passim - by Ruenna - November 24, 2021, 06:57 AM
RE: (ap) passim - by Crowfeather - November 24, 2021, 02:30 PM
RE: (ap) passim - by Germanicus - November 24, 2021, 08:19 PM
RE: (ap) passim - by Ruenna - November 26, 2021, 11:03 AM
RE: (ap) passim - by Crowfeather - November 26, 2021, 09:18 PM
RE: (ap) passim - by Germanicus - November 26, 2021, 10:06 PM
RE: (ap) passim - by Ruenna - December 05, 2021, 01:11 PM
RE: (ap) passim - by Crowfeather - December 15, 2021, 11:44 AM
RE: (ap) passim - by Germanicus - December 15, 2021, 05:08 PM
RE: (ap) passim - by Ruenna - December 19, 2021, 11:29 AM