Redhawk Caldera elfweave
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,540 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
If Maia had bothered to take the time for introspection, she could have easily realized that the common denominator in all of these situations was her. It didn't used to be this hard, but withdrawing into herself hadn't helped things. Now that she actually wanted to reach out, she didn't exactly remember how, and she was so convinced that others weren't interested, she could barely get herself to try.

She was grateful for the subject change, though. It was something that was pretty safe territory, talking about the Caldera! She hadn't known them and she didn't think Teya had either, so it wasn't like discussing it with Eljay. Maia had been careful to only bring it up when he seemed like he wanted to talk about it.

I don't know. It's weird it would just happen. I hope it wasn't anything bad. But I feel like... I dunno. They didn't even come see Eljay. I can't imagine doing that, leaving without saying goodbye. It makes me glad we did what we did. Ended up with you, I mean. With Brecheliant. Realizing she'd taken the opportunity to vent a bit, she laughed sheepishly at the final correction. She had had more reasons to be happy about it than not, of course! But this made it feel like it had been the right thing for him, too, not just her. He'd said that when he came but it was hard to believe it until she saw it, with how upset he'd been initially.

It doesn't look like anything happened, though. I bet they didn't want to winter here. She looked about. It was a nice spot, she thought, but a lot of things went into that kind of choice. And she hadn't seen the Redhawks since she'd stayed with them, forever ago. Oh.... oh gosh. She'd never even thanked them, had she? Actually, she'd even yelled at Towhee that one time....

What if her and Eljay's messed up friendship was Maia's fault? That was certainly a new thought to keep her up at night.
Messages In This Thread
elfweave - by Teya - December 31, 2021, 03:13 PM
RE: elfweave - by Maia - January 01, 2022, 11:34 AM
RE: elfweave - by Teya - January 01, 2022, 09:04 PM
RE: elfweave - by Maia - January 02, 2022, 01:40 AM
RE: elfweave - by Teya - January 02, 2022, 03:25 PM
RE: elfweave - by Maia - January 02, 2022, 08:15 PM
RE: elfweave - by Teya - January 02, 2022, 08:21 PM
RE: elfweave - by Maia - January 05, 2022, 09:27 AM
RE: elfweave - by Teya - January 05, 2022, 10:09 AM
RE: elfweave - by Maia - January 06, 2022, 12:52 PM
RE: elfweave - by Teya - January 08, 2022, 03:08 PM