Redsand Canyon If you don't learn it young, it's hard to get the trick of it later.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Private 
midwife thread?

Ruenna found @Aquene at the medicine den. After making certain that Qiao and Malila were not around, she made her request in a hushed voice. 

"I was hoping we could speak alone, inside the den?" It would be clear that the Matrona was feeling apprehensive. There was a sort of buzzing energy about her-- not agitated exactly, but certainly not her usual calm, collected mien.

"Aquene, I feel an energy inside me, like a.. stirring. I think it's my heat, but I'm not positive." Ruenna would meet Aquene's gaze with a doubtful expression. "I don't think I've ever had a true heat, before. Or if I have, it was years ago.." It was a difficult admission for her. Ruenna felt that her own heat had been muted in previous years compared to what other women seemed to experience. She was not sure why, but perhaps it had something to do with the nearby presence of strong female leadership. When there were other females around that were more dominant, Ruenna's body seemed to respond to that.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.