Redsand Canyon Before she gets there
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Ruenna listened intently. When Aquene's words finally failed her, she stepped in gently. 

"I understand," she said, her voice quiet and empathetic. "I too have a man from my past I fear greatly." Ruenna had made great strides over the years in moving past her trauma, but she would never forget what it felt like to be in Aquene's pawprints. 

"My fear controlled me for a long time. I avoided men, avoided physical altercations.. physical touch..." Germanicus was the first to ever touch her intimately, and it been years since Sjorn's assault. "I'm proud of you for working to make yourself stronger, Aquene. There will come a day when your fears will no longer have power over you. I think that if you keep working, that day will come all the sooner. You're doing everything right."  

Ruenna was deeply familiar with that shaken feeling that Aquene described. That feeling that took over your body when the fear was in control. "I'm sorry that happened with Glaukos." Ruenna was aware that dominance posturing was commonplace during fights-- even to the extent of mounting an opponent occasionally-- but she had no doubt that Germanicus would disapprove of such undisciplined comportment. "Such displays are not befitting of a soldier. I will speak to Germanicus about this, if you will allow it." 

Ruenna set aside the mention of Kallik for the moment, although she was pleased to hear that there were such strong connections being forged between the members of Mereo. "Aquene... are you okay?" Ruenna asked, tilting her head in concern. She knew all too well what the shaken feeling could do to the nerves, and how it could call into question everything you thought you understood. "Do you feel safe here, in the canyon?" Aquene was very important to Ruenna, and she would go to great lengths to ascertain that she was comfortable.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Messages In This Thread
Before she gets there - by Ruenna - February 01, 2022, 10:05 AM
RE: Before she gets there - by Aquene - February 01, 2022, 10:14 AM
RE: Before she gets there - by Ruenna - February 01, 2022, 11:31 AM
RE: Before she gets there - by Aquene - February 01, 2022, 11:42 AM
RE: Before she gets there - by Ruenna - February 01, 2022, 12:21 PM
RE: Before she gets there - by Aquene - February 01, 2022, 12:46 PM
RE: Before she gets there - by Ruenna - February 01, 2022, 01:43 PM
RE: Before she gets there - by Aquene - February 01, 2022, 01:54 PM
RE: Before she gets there - by Ruenna - March 03, 2022, 03:32 PM
RE: Before she gets there - by Aquene - March 07, 2022, 07:22 PM
RE: Before she gets there - by Ruenna - March 10, 2022, 10:29 AM