Emberflame Ridge I let you eat me alive
"YOU WAKE UP IN THE DARK AND HEAR THE SCREAMING OF THE LAMBS..."
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
It’s clear he startles the man with his booming voice, but he seem even more jumpy than Alduin expected. It is just a question, but if Alduin’s honest he’d probably run from himself too if he had lesser confidence. Still, the other man meets his eyes after he jumps pasta prickly bush. They’re both still for just a second, just staring. There is something familiar of this man, but he’s thought the same thing of many others since being back and he’s seen many agouti wolves as well. 

Alduin is content to not move any further, or that was until this wolf does the dumbest thing known to man…

He starts running.

Everyone knows what happens when a predatory animal sees something running. Alduin is much more in tune with his primal instincts rather than his logical, more attentive, ones. 

So he chases.

He’s silent when the other takes that first push of a sprint and his body goes into hyperdrive and follows right after him. Kicking up debris as he goes, his large paws thump against the ground as he runs after him. He can’t help but find it mighty suspicious. Or maybe it’s nothing like that and the man is terrified of Alduin killing him. Something he hadn’t immediately intended doing, but still, the thought is always there — lingering in his mind.

Still, they run, and sure the smaller of the two might be faster but many would be surprised by his prowess in hunting. His stamina is everlasting and his hardheaded will of the mind is even more so. He’s stubborn when he wants something and, right now, he wants that wolf. 

The agouti man head straight to a sketchy looking ridge and Alduin knows he’s going to try and scale it, probably thinking Alduin  wouldn’t follow him up it. Oh, but how wrong he is. Alduin isn’t called the reaper for fun and games — death follows no matter what, it always prevails, and so does Alduin. He has scaled the mountains of Blackwater, albeit slowly and carefully, but he still did it. This shouldn’t be too awfully different. Or so he thinks.

So as they go, the wolf moves dexterously up and over rocky ridges and, to the strangers chagrin, Alduin follows behind. Though he is a touch slower and more careful, watching his every step, his speed is still remarkable on the rocky slopes. Large paws spreading out over the rocks and claws scratching and clawing over others to reach him. The sight is probably terrifying to see a beast with such vigor and determination hellbent into his entire being continuing to chase him no matter the circumstances. Either way, Alduin would continue, even as his chest and ribs huff with breaths from muted exertion. 

Death follows…
[Image: dezcpd0-1faedfae-e3b1-4dc1-b270-4056322a...TmEKLfHlyM]
Messages In This Thread
I let you eat me alive - by Alduin - February 13, 2022, 04:31 PM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Turmeric - February 15, 2022, 12:00 AM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Alduin - February 15, 2022, 12:54 AM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Turmeric - February 21, 2022, 02:24 PM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Alduin - February 22, 2022, 04:34 PM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Turmeric - February 23, 2022, 12:56 AM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Alduin - February 23, 2022, 01:52 AM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Turmeric - February 26, 2022, 01:23 PM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Alduin - February 27, 2022, 05:50 AM