Emberflame Ridge I let you eat me alive
"YOU WAKE UP IN THE DARK AND HEAR THE SCREAMING OF THE LAMBS..."
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
Their chase leads them to a more than sketchy ridge line. One Alduin may not admit to being a touch nervous on, but he tries not to let his confidence waver  in the slightest. Merely releasing grunts of effort as he moves carefully, taking one step at a time, just in a very rushed way. Even as the rocks crumble slightly beneath their combined, rushing weights, he doesn’t stop. If he dies this way, he might as well commit. 

Only when he sees the man drop off and disappear Alduin wonders if he’s fallen to his death until he too comes speeding up to the edge. In a split second of time, he decides that he can take that fall…and he does. He jumps down and immediately crashes to the ground, crushing his shoulder but he rolls with the motion and growls low in his throat at the pain that blooms when he’s moving again.

Another obstacle shows itself just up ahead. A small vertical crevice. He knows the other is going to go for it and already, even at this distance, Alduin knows he won’t be able to squeeze through that. The bulk of his shoulders jus won’t let him. So he fitfully speeds up, maw open in a  wolf pant as he moves and tries for a last stance. With the time it takes for the other male to shimmy into the crevice Alduin swears he’s going to get him. At the last second though, it’s like he’s popping in with perfect timing. 

Alduin’s jaws snap right into the small, shallow cave entrance. Spit flies and his lips snarl menacingly at him. A purple tongue hangs wide and flat from dangerously large canines as he pants, saliva dripping madly from his tongue and jaws. His chest and rip cage heaves as he catches his breath. He merely watches him like he’s mere prey through the crack. Those hellish, ruby eyes staring at him in a wild, calculating manner. 

It’s then he realizes that the cave has no inner workings. It’s just a hole in the wall. Good. He can wait. He could starve him out. Alduin isn’t above being that stubborn as long as it means winning and soaking his teeth and pelt in blood.

Only about a minute later, when Alduin somewhat catches his breath does he speak. It’s deathly low, raspy, and rumbling…

“Come on out, pup,” He purrs dangerously. “I won’t bite.” He punctuates the end of his sentence with a loud snap of his jaws then, a low growl lacing his words. 

Though the words should’ve been at least a bit humorous, there is no joking tone in his voice at all when he says them. Perhaps a light touch of teasing, but that’s it.
[Image: dezcpd0-1faedfae-e3b1-4dc1-b270-4056322a...TmEKLfHlyM]
Messages In This Thread
I let you eat me alive - by Alduin - February 13, 2022, 04:31 PM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Turmeric - February 15, 2022, 12:00 AM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Alduin - February 15, 2022, 12:54 AM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Turmeric - February 21, 2022, 02:24 PM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Alduin - February 22, 2022, 04:34 PM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Turmeric - February 23, 2022, 12:56 AM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Alduin - February 23, 2022, 01:52 AM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Turmeric - February 26, 2022, 01:23 PM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Alduin - February 27, 2022, 05:50 AM
RE: I let you eat me alive - by Turmeric - March 02, 2022, 11:51 PM