Noctisardor Bypass I'll keep a light on in my soul
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
The woman revealed herself to be Laurel, which was the name of the woman whose pups had been taken. Lane's heart went out to her. 

She did not elaborate on Mahler's departure. Lane was still suspicious of the general lack of transparency around the situation. Who was Ursus? Who was Mahler? Who was Laurel, and who were her children? How were they all connected? Laurel presented it as a straight forward issue: Rivenwood were the blameless victims, and Ursus were the pupnapping, evil bad guys, who had just randomly up-and-stolen two kids with zero provocation. Mahler was the cowardly deserter. Lane didn't buy it. If there was one thing she had learned while dipping her toe into an Ambassador's role, it was that no political issue was ever as black-and-white as this. 

Tuuluuwaq spoke again, his words equivocal. Lane appreciated that. She knew he likely did not approve of her lie, but she was grateful that he rolled with it. She nodded along. "I'll speak with my co-alpha, Issorartuyok. Maybe there is some way we can offer aid, but the thing is.. Duskfire doesn't have warriors. We're a peaceful people, founded by herbalisits and medics..." 

The revelation about Wintersbane immediately halted Lane's train of thought. She'd known that he was prolific last season, but to have fathered children in three different packs..? Lane felt suddenly dirty, knowing she was one of so many conquests. She had never expected to find this strange connection to Laurel and Rivenwood, and she was dumbfounded. 

"Wintersbane, he-- you didn't know? We sang his death songs.. We thought Rivenwood was in earshot..." Lane stammered out. About halfway through speaking, she managed to recovered herself. "I'm so sorry.. Wintersbane is gone from this world." After a long moment, she spoke again. "He also fathered children in Sapphique. They live in the cliffs, on the northwestern coast. Their other parent is named Zephyr." Lane let the information hang. She chose not reveal that her own children were also half-siblings to the ones that were taken. She was still processing the information, and something within her sensed that her children's connection to Wintersbane could spell danger for them.
Messages In This Thread
I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - February 22, 2022, 04:12 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Druid - February 22, 2022, 05:02 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Tuuluuwaq - February 22, 2022, 06:35 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - February 22, 2022, 07:07 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Druid - February 22, 2022, 07:18 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Tuuluuwaq - February 22, 2022, 08:00 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - February 22, 2022, 08:39 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Druid - February 22, 2022, 08:50 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Tuuluuwaq - February 22, 2022, 09:29 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - February 22, 2022, 09:48 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Laurel - February 23, 2022, 01:56 AM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Tuuluuwaq - February 23, 2022, 05:45 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - February 23, 2022, 06:42 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Laurel - February 24, 2022, 09:53 AM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Tuuluuwaq - February 24, 2022, 04:26 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - February 25, 2022, 09:09 AM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Laurel - March 01, 2022, 05:14 AM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Tuuluuwaq - March 01, 2022, 03:39 PM
RE: I'll keep a light on in my soul - by Lane - March 11, 2022, 04:06 PM