Redhawk Caldera I spend my days with ghosts who all love you the most
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,545 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Maia nodded, but she didn't speak until Teya had fully finished. By the time she ended it, Maia was slightly horrified and more than a little upset by what she revealed. Reyes what!?. Of all the fears she had ever felt, Eljay not loving their children was impossible and had never crossed into the realm of possibility. Hearing that statement was like hearing someone say they hated the grass, or hated the sky. How could he!?

Teya was too upset for Maia to go into a tirade even though she really wanted to. Okay, okay.... no. You shouldn't. Teya didn't seem angry for herself, not more than sad.

Someone should. Maia said finally, choosing to take the other route. You shouldn't love them for him. You should love them for your sake and for theirs. They don't know any better. Maia didn't want to sound like she was dictating, but she couldn't not say it. It hurt to imagine any pup growing up without at least someone who wanted them there, fully and unconditionally.

I think you'll make a great mom. And I think either Reyes will be a dad, or he doesn't deserve them. Her ears tucked back a little, but she still said it stubbornly. Her dad, and Eljay, had shown her what a great dad could be. She didn't understand why Reyes thought it was so impossible for him to do that, but it wasn't like he had a choice. It was that or ditch Teya, and obviously, one of those was wayyyy more gross.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I spend my days with ghosts who all love you the most - by Maia - April 09, 2022, 01:58 AM