Meadowlark Prairie To Eat In Good Company
Moontide
Beta*
734 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
"mmm true, I suppose this means I have you all to myself." Heph sent a wink, the movement slightly stifled by her head dipping down to shear more meat away into her mouth. While she had not been incredibly hungry at the start of the hunger the opportunity to eat more than she had in one sitting for awhile was too tempting for her not to take advantage.

Some birds began to circle but she shared the carcass good naturedly, it was too difficult to chase off all the scavengers so as long as they did not get too close to her own mouth she let them off with a small flash of her fangs. Stretching out she grabbed at one of the bones and settled down to begin gnawing at it.

If they were going to stay in the area she might have buried it but it was no use carrying around so she let herself enjoy the repetitive working of her jaw. "I wonder what else has settled in the woods if hunting is this good?" It was somewhat idle speculation but she felt at ease with Atka, they had traded words throughout their travels and sometimes it was nice to simply muse on things, hear her voice. Probably a bear or two, maybe some wild cats. She remembered the vicious but sometimes sportive way her sister and her friends had scented out any bears that made the mistake of denning too close to the pack, the way the warriors had baited them and used their numbers to drive out the larger predator.
Messages In This Thread
To Eat In Good Company - by Heph - August 11, 2022, 11:19 AM
RE: To Eat In Good Company - by Aqillutaq - August 12, 2022, 08:12 AM
RE: To Eat In Good Company - by Heph - August 15, 2022, 01:12 PM
RE: To Eat In Good Company - by Aqillutaq - August 16, 2022, 05:24 AM
RE: To Eat In Good Company - by Heph - August 17, 2022, 01:11 PM
RE: To Eat In Good Company - by Aqillutaq - August 19, 2022, 01:25 PM
RE: To Eat In Good Company - by Heph - August 20, 2022, 01:21 PM
RE: To Eat In Good Company - by Aqillutaq - August 22, 2022, 10:57 AM
RE: To Eat In Good Company - by Heph - August 22, 2022, 11:14 PM
RE: To Eat In Good Company - by Aqillutaq - August 23, 2022, 12:55 AM