Honeyed Pasture Antlers and Hooves
738 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Away
Heph felt a bit embarassed at how long it had been since she had had to utilise such knowledge but if she had to ask anyone for help remembering she supposed she was glad that it was Rodyn since he had come across as kind and had offered the help himself. Her voice was sheepish and a bit tentative as it blurred into a question. "It's been awhile, I was planning on cleaning it best I could maybe in a river, and then letting it out to dry?"

Her head tilted a bit at his description but she hummed along with his words to indicate that she was listening. While the hunting and the trading made sense since from what she could tell Rodyn was a trader she was surprised that they would also trial him for wrestling. It seemed as if Moonglow wanted well-rounded members to their pack which was hardly a fault but she wondered a little bit of it. But her curiosity did not dull her smile as she wished him luck that she hoped he would not need. "Good luck in your wrestling match then, I'm not sure I'd want to fight anyone named for the sun but I imagine you'll do better than you're imagining." Her voice lacked the teasing edge to it as she wished him the best and she gave a short but encouraging smile.

She nodded her head and chuckled a bit at his description of her as good friends. Atka was dear to her and she had come to enjoy portions of Dreven's company that she had shared but she doubted that he would describe her as a friend and she would hesitate to describe him as one though admittedly she felt some sort of loyalty to him through Atka. But she considered the question seriously and answered as best she could, there was a lightness to her voice as she described Dreven, but no dishonesty in the open intonation of her words. "One of them's a stickler about borders but I think if you set up outside they'd welcome the trade - feel free to mention me if you think it would help although I'm not an official member." She offered the last portion without hesitation, she did not think Rodyn would misuse the introduction if he chose to make it, but she did not want to lead him astray.

She wondered if he had a wolf in mind when he asked for the name of the stranger, but if they had both met the same wolf there was no reason for her to hide the name of the wolf she had met so she answered honestly. "His name was Shey, grey and red colored wolf." There was a brief description as well since she thought herself fairly good with names but had a slightly better knack for faces since some wolves shared similar sounding names and some shared similar looks but few shared both.

His description of Redtail Rise was almost alarming and a part of her wished she could have warned the other wolf of it, but still it was good information to have. "Yeesh, thanks for the warning. I was thinking of visiting if I ever wandered that way but it sounds like they wouldn't tolerate me if they crossed their borders to attack a trader." Her voice dipped from the moment of a surprise to something more lighthearted but she still found it strange. Most packs she knew did not enjoy loners on their borders or their territory but the entire point of borders was that the land outside of them was not required to be patrolled - it rather ruined the point of creating a line of defense to have to chase away other wolves from even farther. Perhaps she had simply not lived in a pack long enough or knew enough packs, but it was slightly surprising to her at least.
Messages In This Thread
Antlers and Hooves - by Rodyn - October 22, 2022, 06:04 PM
RE: Antlers and Hooves - by Heph - October 24, 2022, 12:31 PM
RE: Antlers and Hooves - by Rodyn - October 24, 2022, 09:15 PM
RE: Antlers and Hooves - by Heph - October 26, 2022, 11:04 AM
RE: Antlers and Hooves - by Rodyn - October 26, 2022, 04:37 PM
RE: Antlers and Hooves - by Heph - October 27, 2022, 12:49 PM
RE: Antlers and Hooves - by Rodyn - October 27, 2022, 05:32 PM
RE: Antlers and Hooves - by Heph - October 28, 2022, 11:57 AM
RE: Antlers and Hooves - by Rodyn - October 28, 2022, 06:13 PM
RE: Antlers and Hooves - by Heph - October 30, 2022, 10:55 AM
RE: Antlers and Hooves - by Rodyn - October 30, 2022, 11:04 AM