Redtail Rise I chewed my fingers to the bone today
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
the worst!! I've been slowest with him by far <3 fading this in favor of more recent ones?

He wasn't expecting her to share them with him. It wasn't that Ashlar thought she would keep them a secret out of spite or negative feeling; he simply hadn't given himself permission to hope for it. He had written himself from their story entirely and would only enter again when welcomed. Fate seemed to have other plans.

He committed their names and their descriptions to memory and was unable to speak for a moment. She'd likely see the feeling in his expression. They sounded so unlike the pups in the Rise, but perfect in their own way. A scholar. A caregiver. Shy.

They sound perfect. He finally managed to reply, swallowing heavily. I'll... I'll tell her. They'll find him. It wasn't a promise but it was a hope. Prophet and Augur had yet to let him down.
Messages In This Thread
I chewed my fingers to the bone today - by Chacal - September 21, 2022, 03:00 PM
RE: I chewed my fingers to the bone today - by Ashlar - September 22, 2022, 10:06 AM
RE: I chewed my fingers to the bone today - by Chacal - September 22, 2022, 11:03 AM
RE: I chewed my fingers to the bone today - by Ashlar - September 27, 2022, 02:23 PM
RE: I chewed my fingers to the bone today - by Chacal - September 28, 2022, 12:53 AM
RE: I chewed my fingers to the bone today - by Ashlar - September 29, 2022, 03:00 PM
RE: I chewed my fingers to the bone today - by Chacal - October 08, 2022, 11:26 AM
RE: I chewed my fingers to the bone today - by Ashlar - November 06, 2022, 11:48 AM
RE: I chewed my fingers to the bone today - by Chacal - November 08, 2022, 12:52 PM