The Tangle But I've got a plan and some wax and some string
Loner
340 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Chickadees. It made sense- they sounded like they were saying their own name, which delighted Suzu. She also liked it when names made sense. 'Chickadee' was very close to what she likely would've named the birds herself, which made her feel clever. 

She couldn't imagine what life would be like if in two months, she left to live on her own. She supposed that Mercy was about that age, and that since her mother had given her permission to go, that she would likely survive- but being so lonely? Suzu was rarely apart from her family for long, whether she chose to be with them or if they simply found her. But if he'd been on his own to face his first winter...Well, he certainly had to be strong-willed. 

And in spite of everything he had been through, as well, he had to be exceptionally strong. His mother had hurt him? Suzu had no experience with what that would be like. The possibility of it...Hadn't ever even occurred to her. Their upbringings were so vastly different- and yet, here they were. Two friendly wolves, who liked the company of chickadees. For her, the path to this place, and this mindset, had been simple, guided by friends. But for Rykor- it had all had to come from within. Even getting acceptance for his gender had been a battle, and Suzu thought that that was wrong. 

She didn't know how to reply to the things he'd said, as she really had no way to imagining how hard it had been. But when he mentioned all the good wolves deserving a family...Well that left her with an idea. "Well, why dont you come 'ome wid me?" She asked. "If you be lookin' for a place to live, dat is. I t'ink you be deservin' of a place like Sapphique," She said. "Please?"
Messages In This Thread
But I've got a plan and some wax and some string - by Suzu - November 15, 2022, 12:13 PM
RE: But I've got a plan and some wax and some string - by Suzu - November 25, 2022, 01:26 PM