Swiftcurrent Creek neck full of mockingbirds, all calling your name
Qeya River
Prima*
always an angel, never a god
405 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Wren feels as if the daddy issues are radiating off of her. There may as well have been a big, neon red, flashing sign that says FATHERLESS BEHAVIOR right above her head.
A package deal with three children, he says. He's thinking about dating her, he says. There are car alarms that blare inside her head and pierce her eardrums and she cannot stop fucking shaking even when he reaches for her.
He had no idea. At this, an honest laugh bellows from within her chest. Really? Did you think-- did you think me showin' you every rotten skeleton in my closet in the form of my, uh, childhood trauma was for nothin'? Or, or-- almost letting you impregnate me was for shits and giggles? there's genuine bewilderment in that, a crooked, hollow grin twisting at her face and pushing up her cheeks, because she didn't know what other reaction she could have mustered. Man, you live under a rock. Or maybe Wren just didn't know what romance was. But she didn't consider that.
Sniffling, she shakes away the tension from her shoulders. You and I both got... baggage. I know you got kids, and I know they don't have a motha anymore. A mother, that which she could not be. Perhaps one day the role of auntie could be given to her, but never mother. But I mean, c'mon, you think I'd ever want somebody normal? Any normal person would run away from me screamin' like I've got six heads and monstah claws. And... baggage doesn't bother me, Akavir. Whatever you've got goin' on in that big noggin, I'm-- I wouldn't judge you. Not like I've got any room to.
Another solemn pause, and then; That night in that cave, when we were goin' to Akashingo-- when, when I kissed you, her lip trembles. I meant it. I'd never kissed somebody like that. Not with-- y'know, feelings. And I almost thought, like, y'know, maybe there was something there, that-- she stops herself, a twitch to the skin above her nose. but it's okay. I... I don't know. You deserve better than me. I'm, y'know, young and stupid and I have a list a' issues that go from here to the goddamn moon. I don't deserve Silvertongue, either.
Messages In This Thread
RE: neck full of mockingbirds, all calling your name - by Wren - July 24, 2023, 08:55 PM