Starglow Basin [m] vengeance is hereby mine
352 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
this went beyond indra. this went beyond colt. she clutched the jaw bone to spite his words and loosed a growl, refusing to let his words linger too long in her ears. she shook her head and felt the weight of the bone, then spat it in the dirt; one of the teeth caught in her cheek and she tasted blood.

yer comin' with me. it was not a request. it wasn't really a demand either, but a certainty. as if indra had control in this moment; she knew how to build altars and began to fashion the scattered bones in to such. the blood dripping from her mouth anointed each bone as she assembled things — shoving femurs in to sand, decorating them with segments of spine, the arc of rib.

the jaw bone, separate. this was to be one offering. it would not be enough! she knew it would not be enough; but his soul was not a pure one, and could not be seen as a prize among the dead.

the second offering came with the sound of flesh tearing: her head bowed, her arms awkwardly reaching up, cutting at her white ear with her nails. pressing herself against the dirt before the altar so that the ear was flat against the dry stone; if this did not work, she'd find another way.

when up she came, indra's head was bleeding. her teeth were bloodied, her cheeks and chin scraped from the effort. blood netted in the fur between her toes. she took the discarded ear and placed it with care upon the altar.

now quit yer gabbin' you piece of shit. she leveled a manic look at him which juxtaposed the empty tone of her voice, and then bowed her head to pray to the only god she knew.
Messages In This Thread
[m] vengeance is hereby mine - by Colt - November 05, 2023, 12:18 PM
RE: [m] vengeance is hereby mine - by Redbird - November 05, 2023, 12:56 PM
RE: [m] vengeance is hereby mine - by Colt - November 05, 2023, 02:41 PM
RE: [m] vengeance is hereby mine - by Redbird - November 05, 2023, 04:06 PM
RE: [m] vengeance is hereby mine - by Colt - November 05, 2023, 07:52 PM
RE: [m] vengeance is hereby mine - by Redbird - November 08, 2023, 11:34 AM
RE: [m] vengeance is hereby mine - by Colt - November 09, 2023, 12:46 AM
RE: [m] vengeance is hereby mine - by Redbird - November 09, 2023, 04:44 PM
RE: [m] vengeance is hereby mine - by Colt - November 10, 2023, 05:52 PM
RE: [m] vengeance is hereby mine - by Redbird - November 11, 2023, 02:05 PM
RE: [m] vengeance is hereby mine - by Colt - November 18, 2023, 03:06 PM