Northstar Vale ladies and gentleman, this is mambo no. 5
you've still got a little lightning in you
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Easy's dark ears fell back in a tiny wince as her cousin's face twisted. She could hardly blame her for the reaction, and though a part of her did want to turn and run or to start making excuses, she weathered the suspicion in silence — stirring to speech only after being asked a direct question.

"Grayday," she said softly, after a brief pause where she steeled herself to speak the name. A tired smile apologized for the heavy, effortful tone. "He died before you were born. But Sunny looked just like him. Looked just like them both, really. I think you knew Sunny?"

When she thought back to those visits, she thought that this must be where she had really learned Meadow's scent. It has all been so long ago, and the various packs and reunions had begun to fold in on each other.

"His son and mine are traveling together," she went on, her tone still not quite conversational. "The rest of my kids have all flown the coop, so I thought I'd try and catch up. See if they don't mind having an old lady along."

Another brittle smile, but this one a little stronger than the last.

"Do you have kids?" she asked. "Ebonywood — marriage or adoption?"
ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier
JoiMorningbreeze!
Messages In This Thread
ladies and gentleman, this is mambo no. 5 - by Easy - December 06, 2023, 11:06 AM
RE: ladies and gentleman, this is mambo no. 5 - by Meadow - December 09, 2023, 12:16 AM
RE: ladies and gentleman, this is mambo no. 5 - by Easy - December 09, 2023, 05:01 PM
RE: ladies and gentleman, this is mambo no. 5 - by Meadow - December 19, 2023, 02:30 PM
RE: ladies and gentleman, this is mambo no. 5 - by Easy - December 19, 2023, 02:48 PM
RE: ladies and gentleman, this is mambo no. 5 - by Meadow - December 20, 2023, 06:56 AM
RE: ladies and gentleman, this is mambo no. 5 - by Easy - December 20, 2023, 09:51 AM