Two Eyes Cenote A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre
Muat-riya
Fellahin
Any way you want me, baby
157 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Relief surged through the man, an overwhelming sensation that swept through him like a tide of warmth as the gravity of her decision settled in. It was as if a weight had been lifted from his shoulders, and he couldn't help but feel a wave of gratitude flow over him, threatening to buckle his knees.

Thankfully, he was already on the floor and spared the embarrassment of collapsing in front of her. With a quiet exhale, he steadied himself, reassured by her words. Yes, she was upset, but she was also willing to listen, to understand. That, he could work with.

I do not believe him to be a threat to anyone other than myself, the man began, his voice steady now that the immediate danger had passed. Locking eyes with the woman, he spoke with a quiet resolve, Herod is a man who prizes appearances above all else, and revels in mind games. He would not show up threatening overt violence, of that I am certain.

He uses his appearance to his advantage—a frail frame, a kind face, his gaze held hers firmly, but in the shadows, where he is unseen and his power is absolute, that is where his malevolence emerges.

suck the rot right out of my bloodstream
Messages In This Thread
A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Machiavelli - March 23, 2024, 02:24 AM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - April 13, 2024, 11:19 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - April 17, 2024, 02:29 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - April 17, 2024, 06:43 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - April 20, 2024, 02:46 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - April 21, 2024, 07:03 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Machiavelli - April 21, 2024, 07:49 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - April 28, 2024, 12:05 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - April 28, 2024, 04:07 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - April 28, 2024, 07:12 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - April 29, 2024, 04:14 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - May 18, 2024, 01:49 PM
RE: A Winged Insect to Your Funeral Pyre - by Eset - May 23, 2024, 12:57 PM