Bramblepoint [M] The Night Comes Down like Heaven
Muat-riya
Fellahin
my story's gonna end with me dead
173 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Ofc!

Don't worry, we won't be far, and I've checked the area. No harm will befall our companions while we are away, Machi assured, his voice a whisper for the prince's ears alone. He pranced lightly through the campsite with Senmut at his flank, the soft grass beneath his paws muffling his movements, and allowing him to slip softly away into the forest; something to never be achieved in the echoing caverns of the blue palace.

He turned to face the priest, a devil dancing in the shattered glass eyes, a playful curl to his slender maw. Highness, Machiavelli whispered, the pearl of his fangs catching silver light, you were afraid you had grown spoiled, weren't you? Perhaps we should see if your many blessings have made you forget how to run, he mused, his voice a silken purr. That would be unfortunate, would it not? With a final flick of his tail, the hart bounded away into the undergrowth, a cheshire grin alighting his countenance.

His path had been well prepared, and the stag broke through the trees as easily as wind over a field, his movements fluid and graceful. He glanced back, ensuring the prince was keeping pace, and although he was the one hunted, the fellahin was not the prey tonight. Keep up, My Prince, lest the night swallows you whole, the man called over his shoulder, a tinkling laugh cascading between the ancient trunks.

The moonlight dappled the forest floor, casting a mosaic of light that seemed to dance in time with the pounding of pawsteps over fallen leaves. A race through the shadows, with flurries of scattering torchbugs to punctuate every step. The wolf-dog's body lit aflame in the silver light, a beacon for the priest's eyes to follow. They raced through the orchard, the scent of ripe fruit mingling with the cool night air, and damp earth flung beneath their paws, creating a heady perfume that wrapped around them like a spell.

It was not long before Machi burst into another clearing, heart pounding, and chest heaving. Fireflies flitted about, tiny stars fallen to earth to perform for the forest dwellers. He took a deep breath, steadying himself as he sat with his feathery tail curled over his paws, awaiting the priest's arrival. When the prince finally emerged, Machi's demeanor shifted once more, his gaze softening, the threat in his eyes replaced by a gentle warmth— an affectionate smile that danced along stretched lips.

I promised you a dinner, Highness, and what better place than an orchard? he explained, stepping aside to reveal a modest arrangement, supplemented with the fresh goods around them.

special thanks to @Legend beloved for helping me phrase this bc I was STRUGGLING to get it the way I wanted
Messages In This Thread
RE: The Night Comes Down like Heaven - by Senmut - May 25, 2024, 07:01 PM
RE: The Night Comes Down like Heaven - by Machiavelli - May 26, 2024, 01:46 AM
RE: The Night Comes Down like Heaven - by Senmut - May 26, 2024, 05:36 PM
RE: The Night Comes Down like Heaven - by Senmut - May 27, 2024, 09:07 PM
RE: The Night Comes Down like Heaven - by Senmut - May 28, 2024, 06:14 AM
RE: The Night Comes Down like Heaven - by Senmut - June 02, 2024, 12:06 AM
RE: The Night Comes Down like Heaven - by Machiavelli - June 02, 2024, 01:14 AM
RE: [M] The Night Comes Down like Heaven - by Senmut - June 02, 2024, 10:25 AM
RE: [M] The Night Comes Down like Heaven - by Senmut - June 02, 2024, 06:11 PM
RE: [M] The Night Comes Down like Heaven - by Senmut - June 06, 2024, 03:37 PM
RE: [M] The Night Comes Down like Heaven - by Senmut - June 17, 2024, 10:19 AM