Lion Head Mesa [sc] eighty-second
Muat-riya
Fellahin
my story's gonna end with me dead
171 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Thank you so much for this thread!

If the prince weren't in such a pitiful state, Machi might've taken offense at the sudden reminder of their stations after their conversation. However, the Red Priest's hasty apology melted away any tension, leaving only a teasing glimmer in the piebald man's eyes.

You're very bold to order me around now, he replied impishly, a playful smirk dancing on his lips. I might decide I want to do something about it.

With a mischievous twinkle in his eye, Machi pranced ahead, leading Senmut through roundabout passages, steering clear of any wandering palace eyes that might prick at the prince's pride with their gossip.

Once the bookworm had been safely deposited into his room, unseen by prying eyes, the fellahin returned promptly, holding a cup of water as if it were something much more precious.

Here, he murmured, placing the cup within easy reach of the sumptuous bedfurs. With a graceful bow, he began to withdraw, but Senmut's voice halted him mid-step, setting his heart to pound furiously in his ears.

You want me to stay? Machi confirmed softly, returning to the prince and lowering himself onto the chilled stone floor, just far enough from the man to be called "respectful."

When Senmut finally awoke, the wolfdog would still be there, curled with his tail tucked over his nose, chest rising and falling in the peaceful rhythm of sleep.

suck the rot right out of my bloodstream
Messages In This Thread
[sc] eighty-second - by Senmut - April 29, 2024, 09:44 AM
RE: [sc] eighty-second - by Machiavelli - April 29, 2024, 01:40 PM
RE: [sc] eighty-second - by Senmut - April 29, 2024, 05:46 PM
RE: [sc] eighty-second - by Machiavelli - April 29, 2024, 08:45 PM
RE: [sc] eighty-second - by Senmut - April 30, 2024, 01:32 PM
RE: [sc] eighty-second - by Machiavelli - April 30, 2024, 05:37 PM
RE: [sc] eighty-second - by Senmut - May 08, 2024, 05:53 PM
RE: [sc] eighty-second - by Machiavelli - May 13, 2024, 02:03 AM
RE: [sc] eighty-second - by Senmut - May 18, 2024, 07:11 PM
RE: [sc] eighty-second - by Machiavelli - May 20, 2024, 12:05 AM