Redhawk Caldera burlwood
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,550 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Chickadee’s question immediately struck Maia. If there was any aspect of motherhood she was intimately familiar with, it was this. And this closeness made the question both incredibly easy and incredibly hard to answer. She hated that her daughter might feel those same insecurities that she did, even to this day, but she also knew there was only so much she could do.

Very normal. I think part of being a mom is that worry, maybe because it makes us try even harder to be what our children need. Maia smiled, though she hesitated a heartbeat before continuing. Chickadee deserved the truth, and if she shared this experience, Maia wanted her to know she wasn’t alone.

For me, that feeling never went away. Even with all of you grown, I still worry about the things I do wrong, and I still wonder about the things I could have done better. But every second of it is worth it, and I think all any parent can really do is their best. Loving, no matter what, and making that the most important thing. It was the thing she told herself anytime the anxiety caught up with her and tried to convince her she had been a horrible mother. It usually helped a little, even if it never fully stopped those thoughts from creeping back.
Messages In This Thread
burlwood - by Chickadee - March 17, 2024, 08:48 PM
RE: burlwood - by Maia - March 18, 2024, 11:25 AM
RE: burlwood - by Chickadee - March 24, 2024, 09:01 PM
RE: burlwood - by Maia - March 27, 2024, 12:48 PM
RE: burlwood - by Chickadee - March 30, 2024, 03:22 PM
RE: burlwood - by Maia - April 06, 2024, 10:53 AM
RE: burlwood - by Chickadee - April 20, 2024, 06:59 PM
RE: burlwood - by Maia - April 20, 2024, 11:40 PM
RE: burlwood - by Chickadee - June 17, 2024, 10:53 AM
RE: burlwood - by Maia - June 19, 2024, 10:59 AM